I have been doing some backgrounds for my new art journal and using some stencils, but they seemed to end up on the floor of my craft room......so i needed a method of storing them, then i remembered last week i was visiting a desk and someone had left a comment about putting there stencils in a folder.........This was my inspiration to tidy my craft room. I thought i would share my craft room and how the tidying up is going in a selection of pictures..............
I got all my spray inks together that were all over my desk last week and put them into a box, as you can see above.
I found a couple of rings to put my stamps together...
I thought i would show today a picture of my other desk as well, now when you tidy up sometimes.......it has to get worse before it gets better. So i have had to dump stuff on this desk while tidy up around the room....i am sure you fellow crafters understand this process!!!
This was my desk i normally show at the begining of the week before i started my "Tidy Up", note inks all over table.....
This is my stencils put away thanks to a fellow desk visitor!
SO........ i have started, not sure how this is going to progress or when it will be done....tune in next week for an update!
It always looks a LOT worse before it starts looking better when I try to clean.
ReplyDeleteLove the storage ideas.
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia #8
great idea for the stencils. I need to get a book and page sorters and get mine sorted out. Right now they are hanging in a plastic bag on the wall! Have fun getting your room straightened out. I love going through and organizing and befriending old supplies again! Thanks for sharing and have a great week. Vickie #2
ReplyDeleteMorning, thanks for letting me peek into your creative world this morning. Some great storage solutions there!
ReplyDeleteNeil#34
Lovely! I smiled when I read "when you tidy up it has to get worse before it gets better"! Boy! I know that! I try to have a regular sort out of my art cupboard - trying to get things organized into a more effective workspace and halfway through I wish I never started! Happy WOYWW! xxx Laura #51
ReplyDeleteOh My Loads of sorting and tidying going on there, certainly a stencil time. I have my spray inks in mini roll boxes - the ones where to get 10 mini rolls - seem to have alot of these boxes - curious! Thanks for visiting me this week BJ#5
ReplyDeleteOh yes I definately know that process well! Love those dylusions Christmas stamps - not seen them as I am trying not to look at new stash! - love your backgrounds on the previous post too. Sunshine Girl No. 37
ReplyDeleteGood for you - keep going! And yep, it always gets worse first..insanely, tht moment when it's really bad is the moment I can't have help...I know where everything is and need to be left alone to pick each section out of the chaos! Great photos, you have a nice lot of room.
ReplyDeleteGreat ideas I never know where to put mine! Happy Crafting!
ReplyDeleteHappy WOYWW ((Lyn)) #42
Great idea!! Enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteOoh great work going on, loving those ideas of yours! Stencils in folder, why didn't I do that?!! Done it for everything else!! Your inks and stamps are causing me such envy!! I bought my first Dylusions stamps at the Crafty Boots meet up. Had to have them! Take care Zo xx 59
ReplyDeletelove all your piccies,the storage idea is fab, thanks for the snoop
ReplyDeletehugs
judie No - 70
www.crafty-emblies.org
Mmmm ... if I can find room to stand a folder in my room I think I will copy that stencil idea. It will free a drawer up then. Mind you I could maybe find room in another room LOL.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the beginning of your mammoth tidy up.
Hugs and Thanks for visiting me, Neet 47 (one day I will be early instead of playing catch up) x
I LOVE your backgrounds (on the floor). Mine often end up on the (heated) bathroom floor, to dry! :) :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting and happy WOYWW.
What a great way to store your stencils, and a lovely work space, no matter what bit of creative mess there is!
ReplyDelete:)trisha
#122ish this week
Fabulous idea for the stencils! I missed that blog last week but found the idea in yours this week! What a great idea this was. Thanks Julia! And you're making progress, made progress no matter how far you get! Happy WOYWW! Nan 93
ReplyDeleteHullo there Jackie - ah loving it and yes tidying up is always a challenge just one thing on the spray inks was told by folks at Joanna Sheen I should store mine on their sides not upright to stop them from clogging up... not sure if it is true but!! am doing it:D
ReplyDeleteMany thanks for popping over and for sharing ~ Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #1
I love a good tidy up #96
ReplyDeletestencils in a folder .. now that is a good idea. The tidy up is looking good so far. Isn't it amazing how much stuff we accumulate.
ReplyDeleteSandra @18
I love cleaning up after a good session because i know a new project can begin the minute i finish cleaning! Keep up the good work! x
ReplyDeleteYep, definately gets worse before it get better! Love the inks and dylusion stamps.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my desk already
kyla #17
Oh goodness yes, we all understand the middle messy phase! What a delightful collection of mists and sprays. That's the problem with WOYWW, the rummaging is only visual and I can't actually play with all the lovely things I see....
ReplyDelete