Tuesday, 6 August 2013

What's on my work desk Wednesday

Here is my desk this week



I have sorted it out and cleared up since last week and now have projects I am working on scattered around the desk.
I started making lots of Heartfelt Creations flowers last month you saw rows of them as i cut them out! After cutting them out I shaped them with my ball tools on a foam mat, took a few hours.





After that I glued them together and started on my scrapbook page



I carried on placing flowers around the page till it was full



Then I added lots of little gems to give it a bit of bling!



Then the page was finished. Here it is close up



Am I happy with it .....I'm just not sure ......I did it on a slant now its all glued down I don't think it works as well as if I had put it straight!!!!!! So I think best I sleep on my thoughts and see how I feel tomorrow about it .....

Just a sorry that I did not return all visits last week, I normally do, but the upstairs bathroom flooded and I had water coming through the ceiling, the smell of wet plaster.... Yuck, now it's the smell of wet carpet I had left it thinking in this heat it would dry out( how wrong I was) when we get back from my hospital visit to the eye specialist, we will rip it up!

So if you would like to have a look round some other desks this week please click on the link on the right hand side of my blog marked stamping ground and all will be explained by the lovely Julia.

29 comments:

  1. Your page is beautiful, and your flowers are absolutely gorgeous. Happy crafting #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jackie, this is breathtaking, truly! If it's on a slant, it's a slight slant; my eyes didn't even notice. They are old eyes, but I think it's a work of art and I hope you see it that when, too, when you wake up in the morning! Happy WOYWW and have a wonderful week! Thanks for the visit to me! Darnell #12

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely as it is. Leave it well alone. Best wishes for your eye op. Hope the carpet gets sorted soon, nothing worse than that smell! #43

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo and the flowers look great - what a labour of love that was!! Helen 6

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's lovely! There's so much work in it and the slant is so slight and actually rather effective. Gorgeous flowers and gorgeous image too! Julie Ann xx #41

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is amazing, we like slants personally. It gives things more interest.

    Waving hi from the bears @#84

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful - just wondering how it will fit in an album page if you use the top-loading pages. Thanks for visiting me this week BJ#85

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a pretty page, and a lot of time and patience to do.

    I would say you had a good excuse for not visiting all last week, shame about your carpet and ceiling, these things are sent to try us.

    Lynda #82

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaahhhh, so THAT'S what a ball tool is.....I was wondering you know..;-). Those flowers are completely fab and I like the assymetricness of it all!
    Hugs, LLJ 58 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooo beautfiul! Those tattered florals you made are goregous and perfect for the wedding photo. I love that die! When Tim had his contest, I had a blast making a tea party using that die for napkin rings, place cards, even a fascinator. It has to be my go to die. Thanks for the visit today! Winnie#76

    ReplyDelete
  11. You poor thing, not much worse than a flood. Hope everything dries out OK. The page you've made is stunning, so much patience!
    Many thanks for stopping by earlier. Happy WOYWW. Pam#40

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your desk is looking really organised. Love your LO and the slant doesn't spoil it at all. The flowers are just lovely.
    Thanks so much for popping in on me and for your comment.
    Love Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely way to frame the wedding photo! Beautiful.
    Jean 10

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful flowers Jackie and I think I like it on the slant. Seems a lot of folks are having housing problems this week. My plumber just left but will be back tomorrow or the next day to replace a line out to hook up with the City sewer line...UGH! always taking my money...this house is a cash sink and how am I suppose to afford all the new crafty toys I want! Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my desk and commenting. Vickie #36

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the layering on the flowers it is very effective all in one colour. I think it looks good on a angle
    thanks for sharing
    janet #27

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hiya Jackie, TY for stopping by and taking time to leave me a comment. :D What a great job on all those flowers. Your LO turned out beautiful. Making all those flowers looks like it was tedious. It was worth it. Have a great weekend. Happy Hump Day!! (((HUGS)))
    Kimmie
    WOYWW #4

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm enjoying visiting all the desks...maybe its because I've not got mine up and running yet.
    Your desk looks so light and pretty with all of those flowers.
    Very clever way of displaying them. The result is stunning.
    Happy WOYWW...have fun
    Neesie #71

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those flowers are gorgeous and I love the way you have framed your beautiful photo with them. I definitely have to go and check out the Heartfelt Creations Site and their dies. Hope you have a wonderful week! Happy WOYWW! Danie #14

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh golly gosh I hate it when you have a flood such a mess and upstairs wow that would be horrid - I hope you can get the carpet dried...you've reminded me of an event and we had to replace. BUT I do love your scrapbook wedding page...love the flowers and slanty is good. Cheers RobynO#52

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love what you've done with the yummy flowers! Thanks for your lovely comment! Chris113

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, that's a gorgeous layout, it makes me think of a Hawaiian lei. I like the angle of the photo, too. :-)

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #9

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, your flowers have turned out beautiful indeed and I love how you surrounded the picture.Happy WOYWW Annette #5

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! All that work making the flowers paid off, because your page is beautiful. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think the page is just great - I often put things on a slant instead of straight - gives it a certain "je ne sais quois!" Adds something special.
    Hope your hospital appointment went well, and that you manage to sort out the carpet problem. Ceiling all fixed now??
    Have a good week.
    Margaret #68

    ReplyDelete
  25. So sorry to read you have had such a mess at home. Hope it all get sorted quickly. Wish I lived closer to help.
    Still, think about that lovely LO you have just done, so appropriate for DD's wedding.
    Hugs, Neet xx 50

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am here peeking at your desk. Love how your page turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm playing catch up after having been offline for nearly three days due to internet woes associated with our recent rain. I know you can understand because of your recent flood.

    All those flowers turned into a fabulous frame. I think it was WELL worth the time invested.

    Happy quite belated WOYWW from #2.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! What a lot of flowers, fantastic.
    Finally getting round to visiting, it has been a hectic week. Thank you for visiting.
    Karen #69

    ReplyDelete