Tuesday, 4 February 2014

What's on my work desk Wednesday

My desk.... I have still not cleared anything away as I have been too busy crafting! There are wooden stamps, project life, Gelli plate backgrounds, trimmers, dies etc etc



What have I been up to.................
Well you can see my calendar journal in the middle of my desk, that has taken up a bit of time getting February done!
Here is a close up



Here is a few step by step pictures of how I made it
Painted my three colours then put a little more white over the top with a roller ( with hindsight I should have used a bit more white )


Then I sponged over it with red


Then added a few circles and lines here and there and put a little red around the edges



Then stamped a selection of stampotique stamps, coloured them in and cut them out



Then punched out some hearts and inked them up, then laid out my pages and glued them down







That's February's journal calendar page done!



My stuff Is pilled high it's five or six items deep on the right, so I really will have to try and find some tidy up time. If you would like to go and visit other crafty desks just click on the link on the right hand side a little further down marked stamping ground and all will be explained and you can go visit lots of desks!
Thank you for leaving a comment and I will try and return all visits


For the first time ever I am hosting the Stampotique designers challenge, there is a link on the right hand side of my blog that will take you there.... Why not join in and Add a Heart to your Art! You could be a lucky winner of a voucher to buy stamps!

37 comments:

  1. WOW you have been busy creating at least your having fun till it's time to tidy up :) your Journal is looking wonderful too hugs Nikki C (No # yet)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey the desk is so worth it, the journal page is amazing and thanks again for sharing your technique and process, I really like this about your posts and why I keep coming back. Tidy when you are finished and only then. LOL

    Have a great crafting week and happy WOYWW

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 12

    ReplyDelete
  3. Productive mess Jackie...like the colours on your Feb pages - it's looking good. Enjoy, clean up later RobynO #16

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to try making one of those calendar pages. Your Feb page looks good! Thanks for dropping by! peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the calendar pages. For some reason I don't own any of those stamps. I've always admired them I guess I'm going to have to put them on my list. Peg R 25

    ReplyDelete
  6. The calendar page looks fabulous, and you can't go wrong with Stampotique, I love them Helen 7

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful to see the process! Boy, you have been busy!!
    Lovely to catch up with you again - it's been a while :)
    no. 34

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous page for February. I adore all those hearts and the background is amazing. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jackie FABULOUS journal page, we've had the same idea for using heart shapes for the days - mine are still in my head though! Hope to make a start on it later. Thanks for your visit, have a good week. MMx #40

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun to see your process for the calendar page. I think it's interesting how you block out the color. I should try that sometime! Don't you love that fun little banner stamp. It's so therapeutic to color! Great page!
    Happy Wednesday. Sara j #50

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks fab and the SBS photos really help you see the complexity that can be overlooked in just a single shot on a flat screen. Wonderful.
    {mutters to self "I will NOT add calendar pages to my to do list...I will NOT..."

    :)
    Getting an early start for a change....
    Happy WOYWW Day!
    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All good things on your desk, Jackie. I would be very happy playing with any of them.
    Love the start to finish pics of your calendar page, you are using lovely colours.
    Hugs Lisax #54

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous journal page, love the colour combination.

    Happy Wednesday.
    Ann B
    43

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice stuff, five or six deep means that you've been enjoying your table time, and that reflect in your lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great journal page

    Have a great week, happy WOYWW

    Peggy x #69

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great journal pages Jackie and so appropriately themed with Hearts for Feburary, don't worry about the piles of things as long as you can find what you are looking for and judging by your Journal you can!!
    Kim #69

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jackie, love both your challenge and your calendar project! Seems simple to think about making a calendar, but, it really isn't simple at all. Lots of layers and color going on here, and, of course, Hazel is a star in my book whatever she is doing! Well done, my friend! Mwah! KayW

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your journal page.

    Have a great week

    Jan *75

    ReplyDelete
  19. A delightful February page. I'm going to have to try that 3 color technique. A messy desk yes...but when your in the zone just keep crafting. Carole #76

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love how you use the hearts as the calendar grid. What an inspiration! Thanks for your sweet visit. Sandy Leigh #18

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lol, that's one messy desk! I'm surprised you can get anything done but your journal is beautiful and proof than you can! Perhaps you need a visit from Robyn, her room transformation was quite something!

    Hugs
    Brenda 6

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab layout, lovely colours and wonderful heart design.

    Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Boots Bingo Challenge.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, thank you so much for taking us through the process of making your February journal page. So creative and pretty, Jackie! Thanks, to for the earlier visit. :) #27

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the idea of a calendar journal--I just might have to steal it! And it looks so pretty too!
    Michelle #80

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is good to see someone having a really good creative time. Sounds as though you are having real fun. I am nearly at the end of sorting my stamps, just ready to get onto another of the piles of stuff that need reorganising. Hope your designers' challenge goes well. xx Maggie #3

    ReplyDelete
  26. lovely page and so great to see how you got there. thanks
    p.s. my buttons came from my grandma to my mum and then to me, there are some really old ones in there.
    famfa 5

    ReplyDelete
  27. Now that desk has seen some ACTION! Love it! Your journal page is lovely-great colour choice! Thanks for visiting, Chris#70

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your desk looks amazingly busy and creative!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and for the nice comments.

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #2

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am always so impressed when someone can take all kinds of different shapes and colors and make them so beautiful. I have such trouble with that. I think I need more patience. :-)
    April #24

    ReplyDelete
  30. Now, that's a busy desk. I like your journal pages. Sorry for the late visit #14

    ReplyDelete
  31. That really is one busy desk Jackie - but what a lovely result you have got for your calendar journal. Love the idea of the hearts for the days - and the banners are so cute.
    Thanks for the visit earlier.
    Hugs, Neet xx 22

    ReplyDelete
  32. You sure have been busy! Fascinating journal page. Colorful! Thanks for visiting and happy belated WOYWW!
    Carol N #11

    ReplyDelete
  33. That is one creative mess! I love the results in terms of your journal though. Thanks for sharing. Happy belated WOYWW. Caro x (#57)

    ReplyDelete
  34. That journal page looks fabulous!
    Love the colours.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #20

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love your challenge and your project ! Brilliant !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for the earlier visit Jackie.

    Creating requires a LOT of stash to be at your finger tips, but clear to your elbows???? LOL
    Love it when I see a desk like yours, full of creativity and fun!

    Your journal/calendar really turned out fantastic. Great background and sentiment!
    Krisha #23

    ReplyDelete
  37. I need to figure out a way to make something like that in my altered book. You did a great job with your tutorial. And of course, I love your calendar for February, too.

    Thanks for dropping by my snowy place already. Sorry I'm so late visiting, but a power outage prevented it. Happy very belated WOYWW from #1.

    ReplyDelete