Tuesday, 1 April 2014

stampotique Designers Challenge 141..... A bit of humor

It's a new challenge today over at the Stamptique Designers Blog ... Nellie van Leeuwen, there is a link to Nellie's blog on the right hand side of this blog.
Nellie said ..... I love cards with a wink. They often bring a smile to my face. Stampotique has so many fun stamps to make these cards, images as well as words. So come on, show me, use a bit of humour in your card or project!
This was my project for Nellie's challenge.
My daughter is due to have a baby this month and I thought this might be a good gift for her so she can put it on her front door when her and baby are having a sleep! 
Here are a few step by step photos of how I made this door hanger.
I painted the door hanger pink
Then covered in a light pink crackle paint
The sprayed canvas paper with Dylusions inks and stamped Queen of Life #6074  and carols flower large #9165 and small #9166from Stampotique on it and used the paper to Matt the words I wanted to use.

I also painted a little door knob for the top and a small bit of scalloped wood for the bottom.
Next I placed everything into position, glued it down and added a few seed beads to the flowers
So there we have it a door hanger.... First one I have ever made!
So it's over to you..... Just click on the button on the right hand side of this blog marked Stampotique designers challenge blog and you could be in with a chance of winning stampotique rubber stamps!
Thank you for leaving a comment , I do try and visit everyone who leaves a comment .








8 comments:

  1. Wow. This is fabulous. I absolutely love Queen of Life stamped on that gorgeous Dylusioned paper! I also love the painted background on the door hanger and the pop of black from the die-cut.

    You also definitely captured the challenge theme with that "Mother Tired and Dangerous" sentiment.

    Most of all, I love that you're creating all these fabulous pieces for your daughter! You're making heirlooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely fun project, Jackie!! I love your door hanger, especially how you "gave life" (color) to Queen of Life herself! Your daughter will love this, not to mention make good use of it, I am sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE this! What a wonderful idea and it made me laugh out loud because of the words you added!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would hang this on my door any time, even if there's no baby around anymore! lolll
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you interpreted the challenge, Jackie. Your daughter will love it, I'm sure !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, isn't this one the truth? LOL I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be so very true! Brilliant inspiration Jackie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, I can imagine it being used a lot!! xxx

    ReplyDelete