Sunday, 10 August 2014

My desk for WOYWW, followed by a Blog Hop with a Difference

This is how my desk looks ...... I have not been in my craft room since I left it like this on Sunday night! If your here for WOYWW, my desk is the first two pictures, feel free to move on to the comments after that if you wish.............

I have been tagged by  the lovely Sue ( http://suetheiron.blogspot.co.uk)  to talk part in this blog hop and tell you a little about myself. I am team mates with Sue, we are both members of the Stampotique Design Team. I am also a member of Craft Stampers, Make It Take It, design team, as of next month, which leads me into the first question
1. What are you working on Now?
Ans I have spent today in my craft room, this is how I left it an hour or so ago....
And this is it from a different angle! 
Not so tidy.... But I have been busy working on my first design team project for Craft Stamper, Make it take it. My craft room is not part of our main house, and no one else goes in here, so I can get away with it being untidy. I am actually a very tidy person and our home is tidy I promise! 

2. How is my work differ from others of the same genre?
I don't think I have a style, I'm a Jackie of all trades...... I started making cards about 25 years ago when I bought my first rubber stamp from PSX saying Happy Birthday and some embossing powder and a heat gun, I still have all three iteams! If I could only do one papercraft it would be Scrapbooking, I love it and feel you can put them away neat and tidy ( see I told you I was a tidy person really) in an album, show them to people, or give them away as gifts or just pass them on to family members. My BIG ongoing project is Scrapbooking my family history along with tracing my family history. It has been an amazing experience, I have found out so much about my family and done scrapbook layouts to go along with the stories. I wrote and three part article for Scrapbook magazine about Scrapbooking your family history. Here is a layout I did about my Great Grandmother who made a living as a dress maker. 
I have been runner up twice for Scrapbook magazine's Scrapbooker of the year, this was one of my layouts. I coloured all the flowers using pan pastels, it's a happy reminder of a day I spent at a butterfly park, with my daughter Natasha and Charlotte shown here in the photograph
As well as Scrapbooking I do a lot of journals, my big ongoing project here is a monthly baby journal of my Granddaughter Lara.
I also have a medium journal I like to do just random stuff in for fun, like this 
I make a few tags and other bits and bobs like this 


I am also doing two project life albums of baby  Lara, one for me and one for her mum! I did a project life journal of my daughter pregancy as well! 

3. Why do I create what I do?
In the early days it was a stress free hobby, I had a very full on career, so enjoyed my hobby of making cards. 
Today it's something I enjoy doing when I'm not looking after my family. I love being part of the design teams I am on and the challenges that gives me!!!!!!! The family history Scrapbooking is slightly different, I 'feel' I must record the stories I have been told or found out about so they can be passed down the generations, I hope one day my Granddaughter will enjoy my albums and the photos of her ancestors. If I don't record all this information it will be lost forever, my siblings have no children and are not very interested in our family history in the way I am.
4. How does my creative process work?
There is no process....... I have an idea in my head, and I try to produce it, that is often inspired by something though! So today everything I worked on was inspired by a photo of my Grandaughter's dress that was black and gold in a photo I took of her.
Or sometimes I just love a set of stamps and want to use them on a scrapbook layout 
Or a birdhouse!!!
And sometimes it's just wanting to use something I think is lovely
Like the white fabric in this layout which will be published on the 12 th in Scrap 365.
Sometimes it's a challenge or template that inspires me like the template in Stampers Sampler, I made a set of cards using the template and they published all three! 
Sometimes it just a fun challenge ! 
So that's me.... Now instead of me nominating the next person I would like to ASK if there is anyone who would like to do this, like I have, and share with us there answers to these questions?
If you would like to be next, and do this next Monday, leave a comment and I will send you all the info you require and I will do a link so everyone knows to come and visit you !
So it's a big thank you to my teamate Sue for the nomination and I look forward to your comments! 












21 comments:

  1. Wow Jackie, I've always loved your Stampotique scrapbook pages but this is the first time I've seen some of your others and they are AMAZING! The flowers on your butterfly piece are stunning and I love the rope and fishes on your Great Granddad's page. I've really enjoyed reading about you and your families history. Thank you so much for accepting my 'tag' xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great post to read more about you. love the layouts you've shared and your other projects. have a fabulous week. Helen 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great post, loved learning all about you. I think it's great that you're so interested in genealogy...so am I! I sent you that info about the DNA stuff by the way!
    Your LOs are beautiful, love the fact that you used fabric in one!
    Hugs, LLJ 12 xx
    Ps. What was your full on career?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan my full on career was being one of the first women in the UK to be a Tesco Store Manager..... At that time to be as good as a 'man' I had to work harder my normal day was get up at 4.30am in work by 6am leave work 6pm ish if not doing a late night till 10.30 pm etc !!! It's strange now ... As it's such an excepted thing for women but back in the days when I did it, I took a lot of abuse, by men saying things like women should be at home in the kitchen bare foot and pregnant !!!!

      Delete
  4. I have to go to work now, so will come back to read all the deets later. Happy WOYWW. #21

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful LO and I can see why you are on the DT. Have a lovely week.
    Sandra de @33

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jackie what a great post! Really liked looking at all your different styles - I love the page about your grandmother and that little birdie house is soooo cute! Your WOYWW desk looks a bit like mine - flowery!! Happy WOYWW, Cindy #57

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love your layouts. They're all so different, but each one is wonderful. That fish net is amazing, the flowers beautiful and the l/o about your great grandmother is so serene.

    That tag cracked me up, "la de frickin' dah," haha!

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #55

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm SO HAPPY to see that my desk wasn't the only messy one this week! It gives me hope! Hahahaha!!!

    Love all your work, but then again I've loved your stuff for a long time!! Your color pallets are always awesome!!

    Happy WOYWW!
    Amy E. #8
    Scrapthissavethat.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sight of your desk, as always, with whatever is going on, but more, I like the pulled back views that show the room is completely used...makes me very satisfied for your space!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jackie, great post, very informative. Your desk looks incredibly busy with lots of lovely looking embellishments in process there. Your layouts are beautiful. By the way, I read your articles on genealogy and took a lot from them ... I just have to find an extra day or two in the week to put it all into action :) Hope you have a great week. Elizabeth x #45

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, your work is adorable! I enjoyed reading your post, as I am a new member of the Rubber Dance design team.
    Your studio shows that it is a working space, it looks much better than mine :-)
    Cheers
    Gabriele 29


    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you work. Congratulations on all your success! Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #54

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Jackie I have seen a lot of your fab work in magazines and not known it was you.... mostly in craft stamper and scrap365 which I had for a while but just don't seem to get to do at the moment.... really must catch up sometime..
    I have already been invited to do this blog hop ... it is interesting going into a bit more detail about why we do what we do
    thanks for sharing
    janet #2

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really loved your blog today - especially the sisters page - must do something inspired by you myself as I adore my sister but we are SO different !! Love your Genealogy layouts - and read all your articles in the magazine with great interest too ! Love Ali x #

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on making into a magazine that is just wonderful. You've got so much going on such eyecandy thanks for dropping by hugs Nikki 5

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me again! Thank you for explaining what you did...you really were a pioneer!! How amazing that you were the first woman store manager...you really did pave the way. I love hearing people's back stories, it's so interesting...makes them who they are today! I was a vision mixer in the TV industry for 13 years, took me all over the country and Europe. Fun times!!
    Hugs, LLJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Damn - did a long comment, clicked GOOGLE instead of Wordpress by mistake, and lost it. Poo. Love the JOFY layout, love the birdhouse, loved reading the behind the scenes info - that was it in a nutshell :)

    Happy WOYWW! a little late
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jackie,

    Lots of fun projects to see here! I love the flowers on Annie's page. Very cool. I like the look of burlap.

    Fun tags and pages too!

    Thank you for visiting me already!
    Happy WOYWW
    Peace, Kay (14)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adore your scrapping especially where you showed your great grandmother's trade of a dressmaker on the page. Have left off the harp lessons for the Summer and not played much either, hopefully I'll get back into it in September. BJ#69

    ReplyDelete
  20. STUNNING work : D. I love layouts with stamps and I don't do it nearly enough. Looks like you are having great quantities of fun with your design team work. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier in the week. Perhaps we should start a "use up our paper support group" lol.#4

    ReplyDelete