Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Stampotique Designers Challenge 194: use one or more stencils

This week at the SDC blog Carrie is our hostess and she has us all using our stencils! She said " I love using stencils, they add another layer to your backgrounds and lots of interest to. U.S. Them with ink,  paint, model paste or even gesso. Show me what you do and have fun!"

Well I thought I would share a totally different idea with a stencil, that I recently tried and loved the effect.
Here is how I used my stencil to make this background
I laid the stencil on the paper then using a sponge put masking fluid all over then set it aside to dry
Then I spray it with water covered it with colour burst ink from Ken Oliver and sprayed it with water again and left it to try.
Once dry I rubbed the masking tape off to reveal this, the added a pencil line round the outside.
I also used one of Kate Cranes new Stampotique rubber stamps and coloured it in, then cut its head off (sorry Kate) I then stamped anothe Stampotique rabbit and used its head! 
Once stuck down a third Stampotique stamp was used and added 
And there you have it! So come and join in the fun get your stencil out and link up your project






6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jackie, I really like how you've used the stencil, I will definitely give this a try! Love your doodling too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh BIG love here. This us amazing. What masking fluid did u use plz? Old school gal here, I havent used this stuff in years cuz it never came off back then. Live how jou changed heads lol. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is fabulous. Love that technique, I will have to give it a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Jackie, just love it lots xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such colourful fun Jackie! Fabxx

    ReplyDelete