Tuesday, 15 January 2013

What's on my work desk this week

This was my desk on Tuesday night and it still looks the same now!

You can see I have been doing a tag and a bit of work on my journal
I feel unsure of what I want to achieve this year and where I am going, if that makes sense!
I know I need to do lots of family history scrapbooking ......but at the same time I can not seem to settle down to get it done, just need to give myself a good talking to!



This is a close up of the tag on my desk... I was just playing with my pan pastels and wanted to try something new........ I had read that using a rubber to remove colour works well... So this is my first attempt!I have entered it in the Pan Pastel Challenge Blog...click here to seehttp://www.panpasteluk.blogspot.com

Thank you for visiting my desk have a great day

34 comments:

  1. Happy WOYWW. Gorgeous tag. The colours, image and words are all fab. Great tip for Pan Pastels. I am always looking for ideas on how to use them. Ali x #27

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours you've used in your journal & tag . jill #40

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your tag! i've never tried pan pastels...
    thanks for visiting and leaving a lovely comment :)
    Happy WOYWW and have a great week :)
    no. 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking desk! Love the color in the journal page and tag! Have a great week. Vickie #43

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really fabulous tag... the PPs are so tempting - and the journal page is yummy too! Happy WOYWW!
    Alison x
    #39

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tag, love the sentiment expresses well what you have been going through. Great arrows.. very clever.
    Sandy :) #25

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your projects,love Pan Pastels....did you see Dyans new stencils! Love them,,,,,,,have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty tag

    Happy WOYWW Mrs.C #46 {i think?!}
    craftylittlemoos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tag is lovely, as is the journal page. We're definitely in a journal phase right now.

    The bears @#86 we think

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Pan Pastel play. I have a stack of them on my desk and really need to use them more. It's always the same with new (ish) supplies - I kinds sorta forget I have them even when they are staring me in the face! :)

    MA (1)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean about not settling to anything yet, perhaps it's just a touch of the January blues after Christmas? I'm sure it will pass. Love the tag and journal pages, very pretty colours.

    Hugs
    Brenda 106

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving your tag it has made me want to get my pan pastels out again.
    Ria #114

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.... I hope you get yours out and enjoy using them

      Delete
  13. Fab work going on! Take care Zo xx 80

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel that if you're having to talk yourself into doing the family history, then it's not meant to be right at this moment. Do something completely different for a while and then one day, inspiration will strike :) take care,
    LLJ 38 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. your tag is lovely and has worked really well. If you use a ruler and a thin edge of a rubber you can erase lines in a grid form which is a really effective background.
    thanks for popping in on me and hee hee you will just have to wait to see the contents of my little packages. Will post more packages tomorrow but not the contents!
    love jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. well good for you, find a challenge, take the challenge, actually get it done and submit it! Impressive and what a fab tag too, great stuff. I have exactly no pastels, you make 'em look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. FAB project - love my PP's too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love what you have been up to and hope you get to the family history scrapping soon. Thanks for visiting me BJ#55

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the journal page and your use of colours and masks - it's amazing to see how much your style has changed even in the short time you have been doing your journal - exciting times for the rest of the pages!! Love K x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think it's a lovely tag! Trying new techniques is always fun too. Good luck in the challenge!

    Jeannie #47

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like your tag and journal page. Don't beat yourself up about a direction. Maybe this year just needs to be a learning year. The rest will sort itself out.

    Sorry I am a day late. Fighting the nasty flu.
    Lori #84

    ReplyDelete
  22. A fab colour combination.
    Loving both your journal and your tag.
    Regards,
    Nelle xx #152

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the tag! Fab colors you've used. Happy WOYWW! Nan 113

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes, the eraser does remove the Pastel. I am sure I have some samples of things I tried when I first got mine. Must get back to them when I am home.
    Love your tag - very pretty subtle colours.
    Thanks for visiting me - Hugs, Neert 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous tag and your journal looks amazing! Thanks for sharing. Happy 'belated' WOYWW. Caro #63

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really beautiful, I love those toadstools and the colours are gorgeous, using an eraser with the Pans is a nice trick isn't it. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great deak and lovely tag love the colours – I have not shared my desk this week as am busy looking after my friends cattery but am enjoying looking at everyone else craftiness – Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your journal page and tag are both fabulous! I love the stamps you have used on the tag and the colours are gorgeous! have a good weekend xx#126

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your tag, Jackie, and the pinks and yellows you've used on it and your journal! Mostly, I adore that sentiment - so true!!

    Thank you so much for coming by the Playhouse and leaving anniversary wishes! I'm sorry I'm so late getting back to you. I took some time off the computer to celebrate with Mister and now I'm back to making my way 'round.

    Hope you're having a lovely weekend! And I hope you listen when you sit yourself down for that talk!! Darnell #64

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love those pan pastles, are they easy to work with? I really want to try them ;) they give great effects! love the tag on the stand & projects on the desk look great. Nice place to work!
    Lavinia 96#

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow love your desk and the journal and tag :)

    Thanks for sharing and now following to see what you do next :)

    Kerry#14

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your journal page is fabulous, really beautiful. I hope you find your goal for the year.

    Thank you so much for visiting and being lovely.
    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete