Tuesday, 21 May 2013

What's on my work desk this week

Here is my desk


I am doing a double page layout at the moment and bits of it are on the desk along with a book about Sir Billy Butlin, a jar of buttons, ink sprays and distress inks, photo's, a zentangle book and many other bits and bobs

I have made four scrapbook layouts this week but am unable to show them to you yet... I will as soon as I can!

I have been journalling about family secrets this week, rather amazing what my Grandmother on my dad's side got up to!

This week I watched a u tube video,a sort of re enactment of of what was supposed to have happened with someone playing the part of my Grandmother, not sure about it all yet a little more research to find out some facts is needed.

Delving into family History can be rather surprising, well it has been with my family!!!!! But I guess that's what you get when two opposite ends of the social spectrum marry as in my parents case( my father was one of 9 children who's mother ran a brothel where as my mother was an only child who was fetch from hospital after her birth in a chauffeur drivenRolls Royce)
I am sure I will find out lots more as I carry on delving into my family history and will have fun Scrapbooking it!


If you would like to look around some other crafty desk just click on the link on the right hand side of my blog marked Stamping Ground and Julia will explain all.

32 comments:

  1. Wow..Your family history sounds really interesting. Love the jar of buttons. Have fun with all that ink. Happy crafting #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh how exciting finding out what the ancestors did and they werent angels were they hhahahaa
    Bridget #11

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree your family history sounds fascinating!! I love reading family histories :-). Wow 4 scrapbook layouts in a week good on you! I have been a little lazy not art journaling much this week. Love your craft table and its beautiful mess! Have a great week and happy WOYWW.
    Janene #17

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to know your family history. I wish I had someone who could share it with me. My grandparents (who raised me) died when I was barely 19. I never knew much about either of their families, either.

    Happy WOYWW from #10.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, what an interesting daily you have. How thrilling to find out these things - and there is a You Tube about your grandmother? Tell us more please.

    Sadly I can only trace one side of my heritage - how I wish I could trace the other too but I left it too late to find out answers to so many questions.

    Thanks for sharing - so interesting.

    Hugs, Neet xx 2

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the juicy gossip stuff that makes family histories fun, isn't it? If they were all proper it would be a bit boring!! Annette #23

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hullo there Jackie,
    A great creative space today, brave you exploring your family :D!
    Thanks so much for for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #24

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow your family history sounds way more interesting than mine! lol
    Can't wait to see how your layout turns out.
    Thanks for the peek! Happy WOYWW. xx
    Roudi #34

    ReplyDelete
  9. Researching family history can definitely open ones eyes to things that you would never in a life time imagine. My family history is blank back past my grandfather which leaves me wondering what I will never know cause those who do have all passed on! Good luck in your search! Have a great week. Vickie #26

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very rewarding way to spend time, my cousin did the same for our Dad's side of the family. Hope you continue to find out more.
    Happy WOYWW Helen, 5

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you have to write a book about that family story!! How fantastic to find out about your history like that!!
    Hugs, LLJ 40 xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow how funny hey.. We have a bit in our family like that too. My great grandmother ran away with the gardener to Australia rather romantic I think.
    Sandy :) #38

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an interesting family history. You could really create something amazing inspired by that. Just realized I've forgotten to put my number on the previous comments I made. Silly me #58

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jackie
    you have a great desk going on there today, but the big wow is what you are finding out about your family. It must be amazing looking in to your past like this and to re tell the story, good luck with it
    Sending hugs on this WOYWW have a great day
    Ria #24

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a very interesting sounding family...for sure!
    Diane #30

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks like a very busy desk, and your family history sounds fascinating.

    Waving hi from the bears @#90 this week

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL! Ancestors can be very interesting :) I did a layout once about a limb on my Dad's family tree that produced a Catholic saint AND a guy who was executed for his part in a train-robbery massacre.

    Yours sound a whole lot "nicer" than at least the one bad apple LOL!

    Happy WOYWW!
    MA (7)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like very interesting family history:)

    A great desk - I love all the splodges.

    Happy WOYWW Susi #58

    ReplyDelete
  19. Family history is amazing...you can unearth the most fantastic facts that for years families have kept secret! I'm researching my family tree as well but I don't think it's as interesting as yours!
    Happy WOYWW. Pam#20

    ReplyDelete
  20. We have very dark secrets being found out by mum about our part family!! Naughty naughty! Granma was such a big fibber!! Busy desk, thanks for my snoop, Have a great crafty week
    HaPpY WoYwW!?!
    ((Lyn)) #55

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done on the scrapping this week, I have been doing some too but can't show some pages as they include friend's children and I don't think it is right to put them on the internet iyswim. BJ#51 with spoon draw!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, one of 9? where was he in the pecking order? Good luck with the history check...#63

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your family history sounds amazing! My parents were also from different ends of the social spectrum but not so extreme as that! Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW. Caro x (#75)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds as if you could write a book! Look forward to seeing your pages! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  25. That sounds very exciting, stuff good books and movies are made of!
    Kim #160

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Jackie! Today's my first day of WOYWW. I am loving visiting everyone's work areas. I really like yours, a little bit of this and that. Family secrets can be so interesting. I didn't find out much about my father's side until about 10 years ago. Seems I come from a very dysfunctional family, even back in the 1800s. And to find a YouTube video about your grandmother, wow. Her life definitely sounds exciting, maybe something a book could be made of? Have a great night and look forward to next Wednesday to see the layouts! Robin #139

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! how interesting your family sound. My daughter has just started gathering info for our family tree, but she hasn't discovered anything as interesting as this.... yet! Love the splodgy cards, have you used a stamp for that?
    Happy art making
    Hugs Lottie #132

    ReplyDelete
  28. ahh, scrapbooking. I need to get back to it. I've been too focused on cardmaking while my pictures are patiently waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm loving that button jar and your colourful ink splats, and the photos and Billy Butlin! I think that is all of it!

    Happy WOYWW.

    Cazzy x #158 I think!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just two sentences and you have piqued my interest - maybe a book in the family tree there somewhere LOL - happy WOYWW [Friday cheat - I am a bit slow lol] Mxx #169

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an amazing story!
    What a great history to pass on to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Family history can be quite illuminating. :) Thanks for the earlier visit. Happy WOYWW. Nan G #6

    ReplyDelete