Tuesday, 28 May 2013

What's on my work desk

Welcome to my desk
This is how it looks at the moment, rather tidy looking for me with two of my family history albums a box of family photos and my family history info folder and a few photos that need to go back in the folder



Now that's all rather boring isn't it ? .......so I will now show you how it looked on Monday morning!



Rather a mess I think so I spent most of the bank holiday getting my craft area cleaned up.
In my defence it got like it as I have been really productive doing lots of family history Scrapbook layouts that are going to be published in Scrapbook magazine. The first part of a three part series will be on sale on June 17th or there about, it's a series that cover three editions taking you through how to scrapbook your family history in easy to follow steps with lots of photo's to explain each step. It has taken me months to put it all together so I hope people will find it helpful! ( bit scared really!!!)

At the moment I am cat sitting for my daughter , these are the three bundles of fur I am looking after!






Well that's about it for me this week....... I do believe today is the WOW anniversary and ATC'S swaps are being done, my e mail is on the right hand side of this blog and I do have half a dozen ATC's I could swap if anyone is interested that I did using my Gelli plate. For more info about this and looking at other craft desk click on the link on the right hand side marked Stamping Ground and the lovely Julia will explain all.

Thank you for taking the time to visit me ... I do try and visit people who leave a comment, but do sometimes miss the odd one here and there, so I apologise if I have ever missed you.

40 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie...I'm your first visitor today and I've come to wish you a Happy 4th Birthday and to ask you to email me your address to wipso@toucansurf.com
    ....You are my pass it forward ATC friend. :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoohoo! Mr Linky is up and running! Happy WOYWW4! Love the 3 fur babies. #12

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was drinking my tea when I clicked on your link and was admiring the lovely tidy desk and then looked at the pre-cleaned up version... you now owe me a new keyboard... ;)
    What beautiful cats, they are looking well at home!
    Happy 4th WOYWW Anniversary! Annette #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tidy desk & my floor can look just the same when i'm crafting. Happy 4th woyww jill #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful news - being published. Congratulations! No need to be nervous, I am sure it is fantastic!

    Love the cats.

    happy WOYWW.
    Hugs, Neet 1 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. At last...a craft area that looks like mine and I don't mean the 1st picture!! Happy 4th WOYWW. Pam#36
    (Love the cats)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW nice neat desk...then second picture was amazing. My room looks like the second one most of the time. Happy 4th Anniversary WOYWW! Have a great week. Vickie #16

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the 'after' picture! Can so tell how hard you've been working. I've learned from you just by looking in on WOYWW, so don't you worry - your mag articles will be fab.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's a messy floor... mine looks pretty much like that all the time!! Happy WOYWWversary. Helen, 39

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the publication, Jackie! That's well-deserved and quite a thrill! I loved seeing the "after" and "before" pictures! Have a wonderful week! Darnell #34

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really appreciate a clean and tidy work area. I was shocked when I saw the before shot, but got a big laugh. Nice it is now cleaned up.

    Happy WOYWW4 from # 17.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Forgot to mention, Bleubeard is crazy about your DD's three fur babies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry, noticed your desk but then saw the puss cats. Are they Burmans? I want them.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are ragdoll cats they all needed re homing and my daughter took them on they have such a gentle temperament such lovely cats

      Delete
  14. Lol! You win the prize for Messiest Floor of the Week, LOLOL!! That is impressive...I think we can tell that you were in the creative zone when all that happened :-)
    I'm sorry that you couldn't come to the crop as well....be great to meet up in person one day!
    Happy 4th WOYWW!
    Hugs, LLJ 9 xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jackie
    I was really impressed with your tidy desk and then when I saw the before photo I was stunned, wow you sure know how to spread yourself out. Way to go girl!
    Enjoy your cat sitting
    Wishing you and everyone a Very Happy WOYWW today
    Ria #50

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE a messy photo - and I'm so glad I'm not the only one who baptises the floor during a good crafting session! Have a great WOYWW4 MMx #85

    ReplyDelete
  17. What sweet kitties and your desk is the picture of tidiness. Well done! Mine is chaos as ever but heck, that's what people have come to expect from me! Your floor, well, I'll make no comment except to say mine's worse....

    :)

    Happy 4th Birthday, WOYWW!
    Mary Anne* (26!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy 4th Aniversary ....had to giggle at the tidy desk followed by the happy creative mess.
    Cant wait to see your FH LO's ...I haven't done any for ages but I LOVE creating these snatches of history and keep them safe, on my other blog.xx72

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hee hee, we love the contrast of the after then before desks! Those bundles of fur look like a lot of fun to look after.

    Happy WOYWW from the bears @#101 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It’s amazing that the internet can bring together so many likeminded people and I’m grateful that WOYWW has also brought along so many new friends, thanks to Julia.
    Your desk is looking very tidy this week but the floor gives testament to the fact that you’ve done so crafting. Loving the furry companions you’re taking care of.
    Enjoy your Wednesday snooping on this very special Day
    Happy Crafting!
    Sue @82
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. First it was...Wow how tidy then I said Yay for mess:)
    Love the Cats
    Silvi#118

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jackie - I love the before pic - it shows a busy productive person with focus on what matters - LOL - I haven't got the hang of it yet - too OCD for my own good... Happy WOYWW 4TH Birthday...Mxx #137

    ReplyDelete
  23. For 4 years now i've been dropping by,
    To view your desk and see what I can spy,
    Will it be a card, some stash or ATC,
    whatever it is, thanks for sharing it,
    Have a Happy WOYWW 4th Anniversary

    Hugz Minxy #60

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Jackie, congrats on your article in the magazine. How did you get started on that? Id love to write for a mag but dont know where to begin.
    I am in love with those cats, what crackers.

    Gill xx #132

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice layouts! Love the kitties. They have such neat markings! Happy WOYWW! Nan G #6

    ReplyDelete
  26. You're 'after' and 'before' pictures made me smile ... it's so me! Hope you're having fun with the pussy cats and Happy Woyww Anniversary! I'm very late to the party today! Thanks for sharing Liz@161

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Jackie, happy 4th anniversary to you :) That's an amazing transformation on your desk - you did work hard clearing up :) I'm really looking forward to the postie bringing that issue of the magazine - I could do with some ideas for my heritage layouts. Hope you've had a lovely WOYWW, Elizabeth x #155

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! That's some tidy up! I shall look forward to your articles! Those cats look gorgeous! Thanks for your visit, Chris 130

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice to see you've tidied up but we can't see the floor - hmmmm - I wonder why not? Thanks for visiting me today BJ#76

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a tidy desk I thought...but then I scrolled down and whoosh there it all is! LOL
    Oh my Jackie, you look like you've had such a great time there. Not the tidying up obviously but all that went on before then ;D
    Those pussytats look so cosy and cute. They look like ragdolls and are very much like my daughter's cat Chole.
    Enjoy the 4th birthday desk hop and thanks for popping over to my place earlier :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. i'm dropping by to say happy 4th WOYWW anniversary! congrats on getting published, i'm impressed! i'm sure it will be awesome. i can tell by the stuff on the floor!
    hugs,
    peggy aplSEEDS@11

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ha ha....the after shot is so funny, love it! we must be all friends to openly share our mess.
    Karen #81

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy 4th, Jackie!

    I prefer the Monday morning picture more, bet it felt good to get it cleaned though! Thanks for popping round, have a great week - Lucy #22 x

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble clearing out crafty stuff lol. Impressive cleanup! And congratulations on being published :D. Gorgeous cats! Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. #166

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulation on being published...sounds like an interesting series to follow.
    You had me fooled with that spotless desk!
    Glad to see you were creatively busy before the cleaning spree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your article/series is perfect timing for me, having scanned in loads of old family pics over the weekend!
    Happy 4th!!
    Jackie #174

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your "before" desk is so very consoling - it shows a lot of work is done there!!! The "after" desk isn't boring - just different - and interesting. Congrats on the publication of your hard work.
    Margaret #70

    ReplyDelete
  38. Good to see another art and craft area that gets in a mess, before something just HAS to happen. Then it stays tidy for a little while - ah well, it's what's produced that counts! Love the heart-warming story of your daughter. I already had rheumatoid arthritis when my wife (glitterandglue) and I met, but it hasn't stopped us having a long and happy marriage (41 years next month) - she's a star!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete