Tuesday, 18 June 2013

What's on my work desk


Hello, sorry I have missed a couple of weeks!

This is how my desk looks at the moment


Nothing actually being made at the moment, but various bits sitting waiting to be delt with.

As you can see on the left is my new 12x14 inch Gelli plate, I decided to get the bigger one as I am a scrapbooker and wanted to do backgrounds for my layouts and was struggling with my smaller one. There are a couple of albums with my heritage layouts in, some family history info and photos. There are my new magazines waiting to be read...... The scrapbook magazine issue 73 has a three page series in that I wrote, photographed and designed and made all the layouts for!

Below are two ATC s I recieved in the swap and a card, the ATC on the left is from Jill and the right is from Annie as is the card


Also on my desk was a pack of project life cards called wedding ............. The reason I bought them was ....

Some of you may remember about 18 months ago I posted on WOYWWa post about my daughter who was very ill in my darkest hour the hospital gave her a 3% chance of living


Well after 14 months they told her to get on with her life as she was as well as she was going to get. This is her now


She married Lewis who has been great with her. He shared looking after her with me and supported her through the treatment, then proposed to her and married her. I am thrilled for them and do happy to have Lewis as my son in law!


If you click on the link on the right of my blog marked stamping ground you can visit other craft desks round the world

Thank you for stopping by!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

37 comments:

  1. What a wonderful happy ending/beginning for your daughter! Hope you had great visit whilst in Florida! Next time you're here we'll get together. Happy WOYWW! Nan G #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMgosh, Jackie, you've got me crying! I am so moved by the fairy tale of your daughter's recovery and her marriage! I hope this was journaled! You are all so blessed - continued happiness to them!

    Congratulations on the 3-page publication!! Have a wonderful week and thanks for visiting me!! Darnell #20

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you and your daughter! Wish I were a scrapbooker too as I would love to jurnal our son's life. Maybe one day....! TFS!
    Anne #40

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely ending to what must have been a very bleak time in your life. So glad you have got a lovely son in law. I am so envious of you.
    Enjoy the Gelli plate and congrats on the latest publication.
    Hugs, neet 16 x
    (you don't Need PP's but they are fun.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw that's such lovely news! Lovely picture of them both!
    Not got a gelly plate...unless of course it's strawberry flavour...Happy WOYWW!
    ((Lyn)) somewhere near 52#

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I'm so glad your daughter's up and about and making such a beautiful bride!! God bless her and her new hubbie :)
    Happy WOYWW and have a great week :)
    no. 32

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow Jackie, what a lovely story - so glad your daughter fought back and won, and how happy they look. Helen, 31

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW for your daughter, she looks so beautiful in her wedding gown. I think that news is better that any crafting. Thanks for stopping by my desk this week BJ#55

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jackie, blimey your post has made me come over all emotional. I'm so pleased your daughter is doing so well, and she looks beautiful in her wedding dress - hugs to all of you. Congratulations on your piece in the mag - there are so many talented people we meet on WOYWW, I can't get over it. Thanks for your visit today - enjoy that new gelli plate. MMx #70

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jackie - what a fab picture of your daughter. Is that Discovery Cove? I know weddings are special but I think this counts as extra special.
    I just spotted the lovely Pan Pastel layout on your sidebar (tee hee, definitely having a nosey around!) It is fab. I hope you like the tutorial I sent over. Thanks for popping by. Happy WOYWW to you from Helen 78.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such super news, how lovely! Take care Zo xx 77

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, lovely news! So wonderful she is well and happy and you like your SIL :) I don't think you ever give up worrying about them. Look forward to seeing your PL pages from the wedding.

    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (19)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful wedding photo of your daughter. It proves that miracles do happen. And what a great son in law. Well done on the published article. Hugs. Pam#38

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful wedding pic of your daughter and your new son in law. Doesn't it make you realise just how prescious life is when you nearly lose them. Our daughter was in intensive care for a week when the twins were born....such a very scarey time.
    Hugs,
    A x # 62

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Jackie, what a story - a happy ending and a happy beginning, am so very happy and relieved for you. Am also bowing in reverence - your scrapbook series is wonderful..lots of work I know, but so good..I hope they ask you to do more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jackie - wonderful to see your daughter in her wedding day bliss - such fantastic outcome... good on Lewis!! Hugs Happy WOYWW... Mxx #110

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jackie what a beautiful wedding photo, had a lump in my throat reading but so glad everything turned out ok in the end.
    Congrats on being published too. Thanks for stopping by earlier Happy WOYWW and happy crafting..Gill x #89

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jackie
    I am so thrilled to hear about your daughter how amazing is it that she has found someone so wonderful and got married. I have really bad health problems so I can feel for her as I have to do the best I can with each day I am given.
    Can I ask you about the gelli plate as everyone seems to have them, do you clean yours after each use or do you allow the paint to build up on it.
    I feel I want to try one but I am still unsure?
    Have a great WOYWW and enjoy the rest of your week
    Ria #47

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this real life story with a happy ending! Great ATCs and looks like you got some mags to read too. Thanks for visiting me already. #73

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh what an amazing blessing to have your daughter out of the hospital, and happily married! I have a daughter, and I totally understand how you must feel! Well all those crafty tools and stash will be there when you are ready to create. Happy WOYWW! Thanks for visiting me too! Sandy Leigh #22

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely large work area!! Hope you have some fun projects to do at it! And congrats on your daughter's marriage!
    Visiting from WOYWW...
    Rhonda #120

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jackie,
    Thansk for sharing such a blessing in your life, your daughter is just beautiful and they look so happy together.
    Your desk looks like it is waiting for some playtime...so get busy girl!!
    Thanks for visiting Betsy earlier.
    Krisha #4

    ReplyDelete
  23. We didn't even know the larger Gelli plate was available, something else to add to our wallpaperesque list!

    Wonderful news about your daughter.

    Thanks for visitng the bears already today,

    ReplyDelete
  24. Miracles do happen! What an amazing story....I'm so so pleased at your daughter's fantastic recovery and subsequent marriage. Lewis sounds like a keeper! The LO is going to be extra special..it needs to be framed and hung on the wall.
    That's made me feel all happy and slightly teary!!
    Hugs, LLJ 43 xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. It sounds like you have had a lot to deal with, but a happy ending is so nice. Thank you for visiting me, glad you like my tea room.
    Karen #46

    ReplyDelete
  26. Doctors predict one outcome, God has another. I'm so happy for your daughter. Happy crafting #26

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Jackie
    oh what a fabulous happy ending it is so good to hear, she looks gorgeous too. a big thanks for sharing that one and visiting me already
    janet #42

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow a post full of wonderful news, congrats for getting published,and GREAT news about daughter she looks beautiful for her wedding. Your ATCs are gorgeous,the gelli plate ooww, I want to get one:O), thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day.
    Dianne #119

    ReplyDelete
  29. great to hear your daughter has made such a good recovery!
    Bernice #65

    ReplyDelete
  30. What wonderful news about your daughter's recovery. She looks so happy in that second photo of her, too.

    I have lusted after one of those Gelli plates, but for now, I can't afford one. Have a super WOYWW from #17.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a great way to continue your life is sharing it with someone that love you.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wowser-what a wonderful life story! Thanks so much for sharing this happy event!!! Happy WOYWW! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful story about your daughter Jackie, not only does it have a fairytale ending but you all must be so happy having gone through so much. Love the wedding pic.

    Hugs
    Brenda 112

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congratulations are in order...for being published and for your daughters brave battle and happy ending.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog
    Scraooymo# 5

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a precious gift for you - your daughter marrying that lovely young man who has stood beside her through eveything. Fabulous!
    Have a special week of memories - sorry to be so late in visiting - crazy week here!
    Margaret #100

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a great rest of the story, very happy for your daughter!! Your work desk looks like it is taking a healthy "breather"
    HAve a great week!
    Ginny M#50 - thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog. What a heart warming, amazing story. I'm happy for you and your daughter. Shows that God and not Doctors decide the percentage of our lives lived. I am a cancer survivor, they told my parents I had less than a year to live, I went into remission, after 10 yrs they told my parents I'd never have children, I have 5. I wish you and your daughter nothing but happiness. :D Have a great weekend. (((HUGS)))
    Kim
    WOYWW
    # 18
    http://www.happyhomeschoolroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete