Tuesday, 17 September 2013

What's on Your Work desk Wednesday

Here is my desk from a different angle than usual....




I have a selection of Christmas stamps at the forefront as I have started to make a few Christmas cards!!!! A bag of Natasha and Lewis wedding cards from June I need to put in the album next to them and a layout of their wedding I need to put in a shadow box. My family history albums are on the desk as I dip in and out of them, it's my ongoing project!
If you saw my desk last week covered in scrapbook layouts and wondered if I got them sorted ...



I did ......in fact i got all my albums out of the cupboard .... There is 30 of them!!!



I went through them putting the layouts into the appropriate folder, I have one for each of my husbands Grandchildren,our wedding etc I had a reminisce at some of my first albums.....like this page, in the album i did about building our own home, about 8 years ago!



Looking at layouts, like the one above made me think how my style has changed and how there is such a choice of products we can buy these days.Twenty years ago before the Internet It was difficult to find anywhere to buy even rubber stamps!



And I added a new album to the collection...
I will scrapbook the first photo for that album, in the coming months when I am a little more confident all is well with Natasha and her baby ( my first Grandchild) ...... I'm a bit excited to say the least !! But natasha has been in hospital on a drip with awful sickness and has lost well over half a stone in just a few weeks. She is very weak, and struggling with being so ill, but thrilled about having a baby ! She has not long recovered from a life threatening illness, thus not as heathy as most people, so I must take each day as it comes with her, although hospital say baby is doing great!


If you would like to look at some other crafty desks around the world, just click on the link on the right hand side of my blog marked Stamping Ground and the lovely Julia will explain all.
Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment

34 comments:

  1. Your desk is full but looks very organized, not like mine at the moment, full and messy!
    So many albums! Not surprising for 8 years worth! Love your early layout, it is shocking how much more you can buy to make scrapping a lot easier! Congrats on the Grandbaby, hope Mum is feeling better soon!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is alog of scrapbooks to look at and it is amazing how times have changed with everything on the internet to help you create more :) hugs Nikki no Number yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting your layouts organized. happy crafting #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fantastic amount of albums and all well organised, well done.
    Elaine #28

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a desk - and that's a lot of scrapbooking.... Hope you get to do the one of Natasha - wishing her all the best and hope the situation improves. Hugs, Helen 22

    ReplyDelete
  6. truly you are THE scrapbook queen!! always so busy and beautifully productive...
    happy WOYWW and have a fun week :)
    no. 39

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is a lot of scrapping. Hope your daughter is feeling better DD1 is feeling the same and has also been in hospital with dehydration but feeling slightly better it is a worrying /happy time
    Janet @32

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending hugs and lots of positive vibes to you and your daughter...what wonderful news that she's expecting, not so good that she's feeling so pants :-( let's hope the sickness wears off a bit....
    I love your stack of albums! My photo ones would be the thing I rescued from a burning building. They mean more to me than any jewellery....
    Hugs, LLJ 58 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a lot of layouts you must have.....now I feel inadequate!
    Karen #69

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jacqui - my heart goes out to you and your daughter - I will add her to my prayer list and hope that it helps in some way to her having an easier time of it than she sounds to be having at the moment.
    Cannot believe you have 30 albums!! Wow!! What a wonderful legacy they will be for the new grandee some day. You keep on scrappin' - love your LO's.
    Hugs, Neet 30 xx (thanks for your visit - one day I will get to you before you visit me)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow now that is a scrapbooking collection. Hope all goes well with your daughter. Take care Zo xx 78

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi.
    Loving having a peek at your world today. It all looks like fun from here.
    Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great week.
    Neil#72

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought i had a lot of albums! I have them stashed here and there, I need a better system. I'd love to see the cupboard you store them in, are they easy to access.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful memories, scrap booking was really just that...using scraps from magazines and such. Fun to see the improvement in style as well as products. Be well Thanks for the peek #92 Carole

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you made that layout 20 years ago that is amazing!! I would be better than anything people can make today!!
    xxDaniella#19

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're so organized! Love seeing that Christmas card making going on. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #33

    ReplyDelete
  17. Goodness, you have a LOT of albums, we find it difficult to store 6! Love those Chritmas stamps we can spy too.

    Thanks for visiting the bears today.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jackie
    it sounds like you have been really busy but it must be so worth it having your lives documented.
    I love the fact that you did an album on building your own home as that is a dream for a lot of people
    Have a great day today and a wonderful weekend
    Ria #61

    ReplyDelete
  19. What body of work!
    Thanks for the snoop around for visiting my place.
    Blessings,
    Robyn 9

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh that is so marvelous to be able to look at a part of your past and what gorgeous albums you are making for the GC, real treasures. practice not only lets you get a great understanding of a craft it also inspires to new ideas. How right you are at how the industry has changed.

    Monica 111

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Jackie,

    That's a whole lot of scrapbooking! I bet it was great fun to look through the albums and reflect on what's gone on.

    I hope Natasha gets better soon. Congratulations on the little one!

    Thank you for visiting me already!

    Happy WOYWW
    Kay (34)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have a lot of albums, too. Think I will go count mine! :) thanks for the earlier visit to my space this week. :) Oh, and congratulations on first grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lot of scrapbooks - golly! You built your own house??!! That is amazing!
    I do trust your daughter recovers from feeling so sick, and manages to put on weight and get out of hospital, so that you can all rejoice at the thought of a new life.
    Margaret #70

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Jackie I am just loving how organised and tidy you are. Your layouts all look fabulous and I am in awe of you owning so many albums. I hope everything goes well for your daughter's pregnancy and her health improves soon. Have a great week! Danie #38

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh we do hope all goes well for Natasha! Now that's a stack of albums, girl! Some interesting stamps on the corner waiting to be used. Thanks for the earlier visit! Happy WOYWW! Nan G #3

    ReplyDelete
  26. So organized! And I see Jofy stamps!! I am going to have to bite the bullet and MAKE myself shop for them cause they are my new favourite stamps and I don't own a single one...yet!!
    If my stupid technology (first my email server, then my router) would just stop letting me down I could shop online..... :)

    Happy (now my internet is back) WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (5)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing number of albums, I only have 14, but I do put 30 pages in my day to day ones. Yes I totally agree about how the crafting supplies arena has blossomed over the years. As for your "daughter" is she struggling with the beginnings of pregnancy perchance? I was well sick with my one and only pregnancy. I went into hospital twice, was off work for 3 months and lost a stone and a half. (I put on a stone a month in the last 5 months though!!) Baby was fine all along and was born a healthy 8lb 6oz. Prayers for her to get through this difficult time and thanks for the visit this week BJ #81

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's a wonderful collection of scrapbooks over the years. Things have changed so much in this field and new items and techniques are still appearing all of the time. I look at some of my first cards and wonder what people thought of them when they received them!! Fingers crossed for Natasha, hope it all goes well for her.

    Hugs
    Brenda 14

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gosh that is a lot of albums and good for you I think I would be the same with the grandchildren having their own album. My children had their own plus a school one each on the go and sporting one as well. So I do understand. I have not seriously scrap-booked for years and something I keep saying I will start up again, and yes I look back at some of the original layouts and giggle at myself, but I will never change them, they will stay like that forever. It's evolving.

    Happy crafting this week and belated WOYWW

    Eliza & Yoda 52

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow all those books. Bet it is great looking through them all
    Famfa 15

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh Jackie you are putting us to shame working on Christmas cards already.
    I love seeing all those albums piled up...such an achievement.

    I am just beginning to do my own genealogy and look so forward to all the research.

    Thanks for the visit!
    Belinda (26)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello!

    You are one busy woman - your workdesk looks so interesting with all of the projects! I hope that Natasha is feeling better and send good wishes for her. Wishing you a happy day!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  33. Noooo, not Christmas cards! I am in denial until after my birthday in October! I will be praying for Natasha and her baby. Sorry I am so late in visiting, work got on top of me. Happy Belated WOYWW. Thanks for sharing. Caro x (#76)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hope Natasha feels better soon - give her a hug from me.
    Love those albums, made me look at the box with all my photos (stacked)in and wondered ....... just for a couple of seconds!!!
    I want to sort mine for my Blog - Recollections - so that the family knows more. Perhaps one day...

    Bishopsmate #75

    ReplyDelete