
After looking through my photo's the best I can do,is this group of men!

This is a picture of my Great Great Grandfather Robert Edwards and crew members of the ship he was on.
He is the one with the x above him( my Great Aunt put the x there) I did show a picture of his wife last week on my scrapbook layout. She was a nurse, and on the 3 photos of her i have, she looks like she is of mixed race. I think he must have been a strong character to have married someone of mixed race back in those days, as it was not the done thing. I know she came from a good family and she was well educated, which was not the norm for young ladies. She went away to study and train as a nurse, when nurse training very first started.As a couple they had servants in their home .As well as having her children she did midwifery and laid out the dead locally.
This is the Scrapbook layout of the photo I made, I tried to make it represent that Robert was a fisherman.

If you would like to see more old photos then pop along to the Sepia Saturday blog.
I think your scrap booking theme has conveyed the fisherman theme very well :)
ReplyDeleteLove the various beard styles of the men in your photo. It's a lovely sharp image.
ReplyDeleteHe does look a proper seafaring man, Jackie. With such an interesting history.
ReplyDeleteThe pieces of net and the shuttle for making them certainly lend to the fisherman theme, Jackie -- nice job!
ReplyDeleteA fine photo, a fine layout and a fine bit of serendipity because on Monday I am off to Grimsby for a hospital appointment.
ReplyDeleteI was wondering whether the underwater effect was intended. When I clicked the image, I was able to see a better sharper version of the image.
ReplyDeleteNicely and nautically illustrated.
ReplyDeleteInteresting photos. Do you have census records or other documents that would list race for your 2 X great grandmother?
ReplyDeleteA great photo to have. Wonderful.
ReplyDelete