Tuesday, 29 October 2013

What's on my work desk Wednesday

Here is my desk!



And here it is from a different angle!



Either way it doesn't look very tidy does it!
So maybe I can distract your attention and show you some of the projects I have been working on this week to cause the mess!



I made this card from some of the 'off cuts' of the background papers you saw me making last week. I am pleased to tell you I have used them all up and need to make another batch. I have completed 7 pages in the baby journal (I think I should have called it the pregnancy journal) I will just show you a couple as I'm sure you don't want to see all 7!



And this one



And this one



That should give you a bit of an idea of what I have been working on. My daughter seems to give me lots of material to make pages for the journal, this week alone she has been in hospital twice! I am hoping for a uneventful week this week no late night dashes to the hospital!
Thank you for visiting my desk this week if you would like to visit more crafty desks just click on the link on the right marked Stamping Ground and Julia will explain all

24 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie I love the idea of a pregnancy journal to record those precious 9 months! A colleague at work has asked me to decorate the front of hers and she's having twins!
    Hope your daughter is ok now.
    Have a happy week
    Lynda B #30

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures, hope you get the mess on the floor tidied up some time... or it will look like mine forever, lol!! Hope your daughter is ok.. Helen 31

    ReplyDelete
  3. What with all the worries of your daughters pregnancy, it's really great to see a shot of her tucking in to some nosh! Great idea to have this journal, a lovely thing to look back on a few years down the line :-)
    And your desk is Creative not messy, lol!!
    Hugs, LLJ 35 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a worrying time being a mum isn't it? Really hope all goes well for your daughter.
    Thanks for your kind comment on my blog...I just feel that we should all use our talents to give a little back to the world...and you are right in that if we all did the same the world would be a better place to be :-)
    Hugs,
    A x # 47

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww that journal is so fab. Your desk looks so interesting...so much stuff! Thanks for sharing.
    Karen no.51 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your daughter looks so well in that pic, tucking into that burger! I have the ultra-sounds of my two from around twenty years back, but only in ordinary albums, not presented beautifully like this. Thanks for your visit earlier. We're trying to get the heating and water fixed for mum today, as they now seem to have gone awol from the new flat! Happy WOYWW! Julie Ann xx #20

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very creative crafty mess & there is nothing wrong with that Jackie.
    Good idea doing a pregnancy journal & something to look back on & treasure.
    Happy woyww Jill #37

    ReplyDelete
  8. Creativity is a messy business, what can I say? I hope your daughter is feeling better. I'm sure that sweet card made her feel better. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the baby album pages. Thanks for the visit BJ#50

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jackie, my, oh my, there must be a lot of creating going on there :) It seems that your daughter is having a time of it, hope all settles down for her soon. Love the pregnancy journal - and it seems that you will have plenty of material to fill it too. And the card is the perfect pick-me-up.

    Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a good week. Elizabeth x #42

    ReplyDelete
  11. The journal is shaping into a wonderful keepsake. Well worth making a mess on the desk for.

    The bears #62

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely journal recording a life changing event. Happy snooping Carole #65

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your desk makes me want to go for a poke and prod to see what else can be unraveled. So much interesting stuff and what a fab journal.

    Sorry I am getting back to you so late everything seems to be getting in my way today.

    Happy WOYWW
    Eliza & Yoda 17

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very brave shot of the floor..LOL Your desk is very interesting. Great LO for the baby book.
    Thanks for the earlier visit.
    Krisha #18

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jackie, thanks for swingin by earlier...love the chaos around your desk...my craft space is in the bedroom since we relocated to NYC, so I have to keep the floor tidy now - do you know how hard that is!!! The baby journal is coming along nicely. Cx #22

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab pics, love seeing 'real' desks. Great makes too. Take care Zo xx 81

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do wish your daughter (and you) could just sit back and enjoy the pregnancy. Still, it will be worth it one day. Soon.
    Love the Stampotique card and I love how your desk has spilled over onto the floor. And here am I still all tidy - must go and mess up soon.
    Hugs, Neet xx 16

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that get well card. Those gelli backgrounds look great. Seeing that pic of your daughter reminds me I went in to labour with No.2 son in McD's - I got wedged behind a booth table until the contraction passed! Happy days! Thanks for your visit. MMx #41

    ReplyDelete
  19. You HAVE been busy! You have certainly put those wonderful backgrounds to good use, Jackie.

    :)trisha
    #79 this week with
    a mess, bunting, and
    tiny book

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your journal - what a great momento ! Your vacuum cleaner is certainly in for some hard labour over that floor ! Thanks for stopping by earlier Ali #28 x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the journal but really like the Stampotique card. I seem to come and go with using them and marrying the stamps with Gelli plate (a current obsession, as you know :)) is always something to keep in the back of my mind. Your pile o' prints is impressive :)


    Busy with DS's visit yesterday so Happy (late) WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (12)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great angled shots of your desk you have been busy love the journal pages your daughters journal is going to be fab, hope all keeps going well until the big day. thanks for visiting and belated woyww crafty hugs Andrea#25 x

    ReplyDelete
  23. You've been uber productive, Jackie, and I love what you've done! Gosh, I'm sorry your daughter has had to be hospitalized and I hope that stops immediately! That's a lot of stress! Happy Belated WOYWW and thanks for coming to visit me! Have a creative week!! Hugs, Darnell #9

    ReplyDelete
  24. Who wants tidy when you are creating such gorgeous spreads?!
    Thanks for stopping by already and leaving a lovely comment - don't know where the days go to - it's already Sunday!!
    Happy belated WOYWW xx

    ReplyDelete