Tuesday, 26 November 2013

What's on my work desk Wednesday

The light was going as I took this picture of my desk.....



Here is a bit more of a close up, you can see stamps,cards, journal, equipment etc....



To the right is a pile of Gelli prints I made this week as I had used all the pink/blue ones on the baby journal and I need more!
Here is the action of making them, this week in photos
Putting ink on Gelli Plate


Using brayer to sprees ink



Adding texture


Then take a print and leave to dry


When dry put in a heap on your desk!
A couple of sheets did not come out the right colour mix, so I added some Grunge Paste, through a stencil



Did a little stamping with some Stampotique stamps and made this, journal page!



If you like this and want to see the step by step guide it's on the post before this one
Thank you for checking out my desk this week and if you would like to visit more crafty desks please click on the link on the right hand side of my blog marked Stamping Ground, and the lovely Julia will explain all.
Thank you for leaving a comment and I will try and visit everyone who visits me.

20 comments:

  1. love the journal page, and I really like your pile it high attitude! I recognise it well.... have a good week. Helen 34

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't really get how to work with gelliplates. I don't really have one. The result looks great though :)
    Uniflame - 61

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the journal page! The quote is great! How interesting to get some info on gelli plating. I don't have one, but I am very tempted to invest. Thank you for your visit earlier. Have a lovely WoYWW. Julie Ann xx #55

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh - great gelli prints :-) I LUV that card and the fabulous sentiment .... how true is that !!???? :-D

    Happy WOYWW #234

    IKE in Greece xx #57

    My Challenge Blog: http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.com
    My Shop: www.ikesart.com
    My Blog: http://suzy-ikesworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that's just clever!! I would never have thought that all that splatting would produce a background so pretty!
    Hugs, LLJ 25 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just got a gelli plate, I'm amazed at how fast the prints dry and it is so much fun!!
    So good to be back desking this week,
    Laura
    :)
    65

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your prints are beautiful and I love the idea of adding paste with a stencil to them. I just got my Gelli plate last weekend, and love reading of different ways to use it. Have a blessed Thanksgiving day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing and enabling our passion for new fun products and techniques. This is amazing fun with a bit of mystery for the finished results. The journal page is fantastic. Many blessing for a Happy Thanksgiving Be well Carole # 67...I think I was 67 last week too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the finished journal page.. Can I come and have a nose through your desk? Looks like lots of goodies on there I would like :) Cx #30

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one of the nicest pages I have seen in a while Jackie. Love it - and I keep thinking I do not need a Gelli plate. :(

    Hugs and thanks for the earlier visit, Neet xx 23

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you are having fun!! Take care Zo xx 76

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the way that playing with a gelliplate results in mess everywhere...including lots of prints drying on the floor. Your journal page with the background is stunning. Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW. Caro x (#60)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see you use the Pile System of organization, Jackie! That was really a cool step-by-step on both posts ~ thank you! I often see the ladies talk about peanut butter and gelli plates and the other lingo, so it was neat to get the visual of what it's all about. You know me, keep it simple as in about two steps, LOL! Happy WOYWW and thanks for coming to visit me! Have a terrific week! Hugs, Darnell #17

    ReplyDelete
  14. The more I see this gelli stuff the more I like it. Maybe next year....beautiful results,

    Hugs Robin 87

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Gelli's are great!! and your work desk is very interesting. !! Have fun and a Wonderful week! Ginny #19

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what fun...I really love the way you spread your creations all round you.
    Hugs,
    A x #43

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your drying area - LOL. This Wisdom tooth thing sure is the pits. Still taking the paracetamol BJ#51

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think it's a case of what's NOT on your desk this week hehe
    I love my gelli plate it's so versatile and quick, very pretty colours and the page is great.
    My daughter is much better now thanks she was 2 weeks further on than she thought and has just had her 20 week scan , all is well but I don't want to know what it is. How about yours?
    Janet @15

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a huge fan of heaps!
    thanks for visiting and the snoop around your place-huge gelli plate too!
    Blessings,
    Robyn 14

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your desk made me laugh out loud! I love the teetering piles
    Karen #59

    ReplyDelete