
This is how my desk looks........ A hive of activity !!!!!
Once I start on a project, I just keep going till it's done, no tidying up as I go along!!!!
I have been using my Gelli plate again to make backgrounds ( once my favourite thing was patterned paper, now I tend to make my own, strange how our taste changes)
Here is one I made, love the browns, black and golds, on this.

I cut it down to fit into my little journal book and used it for a background .
I stamped some images all from stampotique ( there is a button to the right of this post, click on it and you can go to there web site and see 1,0000's of the stamps they make) and coloured them in.

Stamped this little verse and used a bit of washi tape ( half price bargain from M&S)

And made this journal page

My little journal book is getting a few layouts in it now!

Think it's time to move onto my large journal book and do some bigger stuff, I have been wanting to join Kate Cranes journal calendar group, ( one of my New Years resolutions) So watch this space next week and see how it goes !!!!!
Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment I try and return all visits.
If you would like to visit other crafty desks, please click on the link marked Stamping Ground on the right hand side of my blog.
Wonderful page, I love it!!
ReplyDeleteI love your page too.Gelli Plate work is such fun isn't it.Aren't we lucky to have so many things to play with these days.
ReplyDeleteJudy#19
Wow, this is wonderful. Love the page. I have never bought scrapbook or background paper, always choosing to make my own. But now I have a Gelli, I look forward to even more interesting backgrounds, but nothing as lovely as yours, I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a good week. I'm still loving my new rocker. Have a great WOYWW from # 16.
Looks like you're having great fun with the gelli plate, what a fab background! Helen 7
ReplyDeleteJackie,
ReplyDeleteThose colors on your gelli page are perfect, brown is one of my favs to use and you do it so well. I am interested in the Kate Crane Journaling stuff could you give me the link, I have been surfing and got lost looking, I find heaps of links about her pages but not her. Anyway have a great week and happy crafting. I hope to use my 1 stampotique stamp soon, will keep you posted on that.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Eliza & Yoda 32
What a fabulously creative desk! I really want to try gelli printing, it's on my crafty wish list for sure.
ReplyDeleteHappy woyww
Zoe #42
love your page, it seems quite big enough to me, but I seem to be more of a dinky journaler - LOL. If you decide to do the Journal 52 there is a smaller FB group I could invite you too, it includes the other 2 challengegs I am doing too. Some of us got overwhelmed with the big groups, let me know. Thanks for the visit BJ#2
ReplyDeleteOh, Jackie. You are SO busy - so much going on. Well done - the finished page looks good.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week.
Margaret #52
Great colours! You don't often see brown and gold like that but I love it! And I guess that making your own backgrounds means you get exactly what you want? The book is great :-)
ReplyDeleteHugs, LLJ 45 xx
Small journal, large journal, printing papers you out me to shame Jackie, however I think you could be impressed when we meet on Friday with my prep!!!!
ReplyDeleteLots of love
Kim
Loving it all! A super productive desk is always good to see. Take care Zo xx 56
ReplyDeleteSo cool Jackie. How you've used the cat :D - brilliant
ReplyDeletexx Arwen
great page lots in it - love it
ReplyDeleteCool page! Fun cat image! Thanks for popping by my desk and Happy WOYWW!
ReplyDeleteCarol N #4
Such a great piece! Love the way you used your gelli plate to make the fun papers, awesome. The color combo and the textured look is great. The cat is adorable, I haven't seen one like that. Great sentiment too. Enjoy the day! Winnie#64
ReplyDeleteHi, Jackie! I really enjoy seeing your "in progress" desk--it so looks like mine when I am working on a project! Love what you have created today for your journal. A great quote paired with a perfect image for your background. Super perfect washi tape to ground your kitty!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Would you consider adding a "follow by e-mail" option on your sidebar? I have missed so much here!
Mwah!
Your gelli print is fab and makes a gorgeous background for your journalling. I've only managed to have one play with mine but haven't quite got to grips with it yet. More playing needed I think!!
ReplyDeleteHugs Lisax #53
Hey Jackie, long time no see ;D
ReplyDeleteWow you've a busy desk there!
I love that cat...he's so cute.
The journal page is great too.
Thanks for visiting my place earlier.
Have fun desk hopping.
Neesie #54
Love the page! That background paper is fantastic!
ReplyDeleteHappy WOYWW!
Tertia #78
great page love the colours. I think you would like the documented life project if you want to do more journaling ... loads of inspiration
ReplyDeletejanet #18
I love that background you made. Just up my street! Then when decorated it was perfect (purrfect) and a lovely addition to your collection.
ReplyDeleteHugs and thanks for the visit, Neet 24 xx
Oh that Gelli print is fab. I love the muted colours - why do I always go BRIGHT? Soft shades are so interesting and you tend to focus on the pattern more than the jolt of colour. Must find my browns and creams - they must be buried under the neon pink and lime :)
ReplyDeleteHappy WOYWW evening!
Mary Anne (19)
Oh that Gelli print is fab. I love the muted colours - why do I always go BRIGHT? Soft shades are so interesting and you tend to focus on the pattern more than the jolt of colour. Must find my browns and creams - they must be buried under the neon pink and lime :)
ReplyDeleteHappy WOYWW evening!
Mary Anne (19)
I love, love, love that gorgeous background page! A friend has offered to lend me her Gelli plate but I've been putting it off til I tidy up a bit around here :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by and for your kind comment.
RosA # 1
Hi Jackie,
ReplyDeleteYour journal is coming along nicely. I absolutely love the saying. Thank you for sharing that.
Thank you for visiting me already. But I must say, I don't have a daughter and she's not pregnant! Now I'm wondering who you have me mixed up with!!! It's so easy to get a bit mixed up when there are so many desks to visit!
Happy belated WOYWW
peace, Kay (3)
Oh activity, how marvellous! Love the background you've made, rich colours and mixed patterns...how nice to have a stock!
ReplyDeleteBusy, busy desk. I love my gelli prints too.Thank you for visiting. Karen #36
ReplyDelete