Tuesday, 7 January 2014

What's on my work desk Wednesday




Here is my desk this week. I did tidy it all up ( here is the proof)as it had been two months since it had been cleaned up!



You can see I have been busy again, as it's got messy again as I have been crafting away, my craft bag is on the right my pan pastels on the left,my journal in the middle... Here is a close up of what I was working on...


It's a page in my little 8x5 journal ..... I have used The alphabet set #7177 and #7176 From Stampotique and the Hazelheart # 12010 also from Stampotique
Here are a few step by step photos to show I I made this, I used a present I got for Christmas, this splatter brush, for the first time!



Then I put Fresco paint on it



And then splattered it onto card stock



Cut the card to size and Matt and layered it.



Stamped Hazelheart from Stampotique onto multi media paper and coloured her using Prisma pencils and blending fluid



Then on another sheet of paper I used a stencil by Wendy Vecki and my pan pastels and produced this.....




I then cut it all out



And stuck it together, stamped out my letters, raised a couple up on foam pads, and inked round them



To make my clean and simple journal page



Thank you for stopping by I will try and return all visits.
If you would like to visit other crafty desks please click on the link marked Stamping Ground on the right hand side of my blog.

There are some links for Stampotique on the right hand side of this post .... They are worth clicking on and they will take you to the challenge site where you can join in and maybe win a prize, go have a look!
Also the designers blog has new inspiration on every day from different designers, it's truly worth a daily visit to she there brilliant work.
I am entering my Winter blues into
http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk
http://craftstamper.blogspot.co.uk

40 comments:

  1. Love your project, you should see my work desk. Eeek it's not good. Lol. I need to clean, maybe tomorrow. Loving your card, it's great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jackie, I had NO idea what a splatter brush is, but I like the results. I guess you like those pan pastels, because they bleed everywhere unless I use a fixative. I have two (both yellow) and I am not sure I care for them.

    My post is up and YOU are the star of the show! However, I don't yet have a number, but I bet you can find me (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this page, particularly the different blues you put through that stencil :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful and Hazel looks very nice in blue :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet is your card and I love the splatter brush.. Wonderful tidy desk all ready to muss up and get inky and creative all over again..
    Happy WOYWW
    Sandy :) #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't remember the exact date you mailed the package, but I do remember thinking it was well before Christmas. So I was surprised when I saw the lovely Christmas note to Bleubeard and me.

    And I'm still amazed at how well these siblings get along together. And of course, I now know what you saw on the mailing desk last week.

    Again, thank you beyond belief for my Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card - this weather can make anyone blue and quite literally too. Love the splatter brush. BJ#21

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jackie
    your desk looked so lonely when it was all tidy. I am loving the page in your book and your splat brush looks amazing I have never seen one of those before and it gave such a great result
    Have a great WOYWW today and enjoy the rest of your week
    Hugs Ria #6

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely journal page :)

    Happy woyww.

    Zoe #38

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely project Jackie - you could enter it at Artful Times too. Have a great week. MMx #56

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a non card maker, I often wonder how designs are made..so I found your step by step explanation really useful! The card is simple but effective and very apt at the moment!!
    Hugs, LLJ 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seems a bunch of us have extremely busy desks today! Love your step by step of your journal page. Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N # 67

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely project! I want to try journaling this year after seeing so many beautiful things on WOYWW
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #50

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been seeing the splatter brush used by TH lately and am drooling over yours. I see you are already using it, fabulous. I may have to put that on my list for one. Never tried the pan pastels and love how you used them for your background with a stencil! Good luck with your entry, it is great! Winnie#44

    ReplyDelete
  15. Splattering is like jumping in mud puddles........the "kid" in us just loves it!
    Have fun with your new toy!
    Krisha #85

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is reassuring that your desk looks like that. And after being tidied too, good for you! That's a cute image on your blues page...I think I got that it was Stampotique!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab Jackie! Glad your desk is messy again!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your project and the desk is looking fab!! Take care. Zo xx 90

    ReplyDelete
  21. That desk looked far too organised, glad you soon got busy again. Love your blue project.
    Hugs Lisax #17

    ReplyDelete
  22. love that, so cute, love the colours too Lx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Jackie, love how clean you got your desk but I must say it looks better all messed up again. I cleaned mine on Sunday but you wouldn't know it....I so have to get myself some pan pastels. Loving your journal card and the cute stamp. Thanks for your earlier visit to my blog. Have a great week and I hope you enjoy your journal52 journey. Danie #48

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your journal page and the insight of how you girls acheive such fab results.
    Hugs,
    A x # 10

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow what a desk transformation! Your journal page is so cute..and you do need to make a bit of a mess to create ;-) Vikki #108

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this page, the character is so cute and I am intrigued by your spatter brush.
    Hope you have many happy hours spattering.
    Thanks for visiting me earlier, I am upside down over here.
    Hugs
    Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really lovely and stylish! Love the color scheme you used! Thank you for joining the CS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely journal page! That splatter brush really did a good job.
    Thanks for visiting me and leaving a nice comment!
    Gabriele 33

    ReplyDelete
  29. The journal page is great and a wonderful reminder that journal pages don t have to be full and busy.

    Thank you so much for visiting and for your encouragement.
    Happy WOYWW,
    Rachel #8

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome page Jackie! The image is so CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is gorgeous Jackie, I LOVE the idea of a splatter brush xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ahhhh, a clean desk!! Of course it doesn't stay clean for long because there is nothing (to me) that gets the creative juices flowing faster than a clean desk!!

    I LOVE your work of art, Jackie! Thank you for that very intriguing and inspiring step-by-step. That's a lot of work, but fun work, and the result is dynamite!!

    Happy Belated WOYWW and thanks for coming to visit me! Enjoy your week!! Darnell #12

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is fabulous...love those blues!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your page, Jackie. Great fun. Good explanation of how you did it - really clear. Well done.
    Have a great week.
    Margaret #45

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you for showing your work desk. Mine looks like picture #1 NOT picture #2 (sadly). Your project is delightful. I need to get that striped stencil from WV. You've done it justice and I'm always impressed with what she does with it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Jackie, the super clean desk is okay but not half as interesting as it looks when you are working on it. Love you page - particularly Hazelheart, she's cute. Elizabeth (the very late WOYWWer) x #71

    ReplyDelete
  37. So cute, Jackie! I love those stripes and the sweet image. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Ice Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the blue stripes - great page! Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great blue stripes! Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper ombré challenge!

    ReplyDelete