Tuesday, 31 December 2013

What's on my desk this New Years Day


Here is my desk...




I have not really sorted my desk out for months! Think desk tidying up really must be on my New Years 'to do' list!
In the centre you can see the card I have made for the Stampotique challenge SDC129.... Here it is close up




The challenge is hosted by Kim and it's an anything goes, there is a link to the challenge on the right hand side of my blog, just touch it and you will magically be transported to the challenge site......... Why not join in and try and win yourself a prize, we can never have enough crafty stuff can we???????
Here is a couple of step by step photos of how I made it...all the stamps used are from Stampotique.
First I stamped the image called Snunmasha #6120 with archival in, then coloured it with Prisma pencils and then blended it all with blending solution and a paper stub.



Then cut it out the image. Next stamped Happy, with the alphabet upper set #7176, on some left over card stock and cut it out.




I used some sparkle medium on card stock putting it on through a stencil and left it to dry.


After the sparkle medium was dry, I Matt and layered it.



Then stamped this cute little fella, called Whisker monster with sign #4005,cut round the sign and wrote New Year in it.



added all the elements,gluing them down to produce my Happy New Year card!


May I take a moment to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment and wish you a Happy New Year.
I will try and return all visits.
If you would like to visit other crafty desks please click on the link on the right hand side of my blog a little further down marked Stamping Ground and the lovely Julia will explain all.

33 comments:

  1. I do like that stencilled background. Your desk makes me feel positively ANGELLIC! #11

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my friend, I think you need a clean-up in 2014! But if you don't, that's okay, too. You do beautiful work there, Jackie, and that's all that matters! Thanks for the step-by-step on how you created your adorable card!

    Happy WOYWW and Happy New Year!! Hugs, Darnell #8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol...I have to agree, I think a tidy up might be in order for EARLY 2014 you're running out of room to work! But then...don't sweat it, what ever works for you is all good. Hope you have an awesome 2014 Jackie. Vikki#20

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you think you could make a new years resolution to try and keep it sorted, the desk that is? LOL but then it wouldn't really be you would it. I was like that once can you believe that, I really was. Now look at me there is no hope and no turning back.

    That card is awesome, just about see the sparklyness of the bling from here, seriously I love it. I just got my first Stampotique stamp so I must use it soon.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 10
    Happy WOYWW and Happy Crafting

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow now I feel tidy... but there's nothing wrong with a much crafted on desk! Love your card. Happy New Year, Jackie. Helen 17

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you've been very busy. Love your card using that fab stencil.
    Happy New Year
    Karin #30

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Your desk is complete opposite to mine as I have not been able to craft for a while so nothing on it!!! Happy New Year. Anne x #36

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jackie,

    Those Prisma pencils are awesome and you did a fantastic job of coloring and blending. I am not sure what the blending solution is, but it did a great job making the pencils look like watercolors. I really like your card and it's very appropriate for today, too.

    I'm not sure what you saw on my mailing desk, but I have NOT received your package. If I had, I would have let you know as soon as it arrived. And then, I would have showcased it. Believe me, I'm a person who is proud of rocking horses I receive and let the world know about it. The rocking horses on my mailing desk have all been there several months.

    I promise to let you know as soon as the gift arrives, but until then, I want to wish you a healthy, artistic, and joyous New Year and happy WOYWW from #5.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love your card. We want to learn to draw mermaids, or maybe we should draw merbears? Hee hee

    Bears @ 43

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do it. I did a couple of weeks ago and it was so good to re-find all sorts of things I had forgotten - almost like a massive shopping spree but cost nothing. Love the card and thanks for all the detail of how you did it. and Happy New Year WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year Jackie! Indeed, that is a desk definitely needing a sort out, lol. Love your card, and a fabulous background you created. Have a great Wednesday, Hugs, Shaz #32 xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super card Jackie - and I love the desk. So creative (ahem)
    Am sure you don't mind my bit of fun.
    Happy New Year, Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year
    For the life of me I don't understand why we cover our desks and work in 12" square spaces!!
    Love the card especially the background - I learn so much visiting all my friends' desks.
    Bishopsmate #45

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, 2014 is going to be an exciting year for you and your family. Happy times :-)
    I like Mary Anne's advice in her comment...I love sorting out, bit sad really!! Lol
    Happy New Year to you, may 2014 be filled with love and crafting :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 29 xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! We are definitely "scrap sisters" because our desks are pretty much identical twins! It doesn't always show, but I use a lot of supplies to make even the simplest of projects. Love the greeting you have made today, Jacckie! Creative ways to use both stamps, by the way! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year, Jackie. What a lovely background - well done - lots of scrummy techniques used today!
    have a great week.
    Margaret #12

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the background and the card is awesome!
    Happy New Year and happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #22

    ReplyDelete
  18. happy new year, love the card you have made Lx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not worth time to tidy desk unless you are in a funk. Love how you used stampotique
    Monica 15

    ReplyDelete
  20. My desk looks really bad right now. Love the stencil background Happy 2014. Peg R #25

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that stencilled background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jackie
    love the card why is the simpler a card looks often the more complicated it is, now I know what to do with the paper stun I brought ages ago.
    thanks for asking about my daughter.... she is fine now apart from being kicked a lot on the inside a strange sensation is it not?
    I asked her not to tell me what the sex, then she accidentally gave it away by choosing some clothes when she was with me .... but you will have to wait :-)
    janet #20

    ReplyDelete
  23. SO creative and fun... XOXO Happy New year to you too. Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Brilliant background Jackie, but I don't know how you get anything done on that desk, lol!! You seem to have more on the desk than in your storage drawers! Although how can I talk with used Christmas wrapping still floating about! Happy New Year to you.

    Hugs
    Brenda 4

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card you've created with all those different images Hugs Nikki
    HAPPY NEW YEAR too

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hullo there Jackie,
    Great work here - do love step by step cards!!!

    .. and here again is that glitter medium seen somewhere else yesterday, but do like the snowflake mask too - but NOT needing it either, I tells myslef :D

    thanks for popping over, happy WOYWW (and tidying up like me) :D Shaz in Oz.x #2

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy New Year, Jackie! My desk is also in need of a tidy up! That's why I usually take just a small part of my desk, ha ha. That's a great card. I specially like the lovely snowflake background.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love that alpha set, I must say. And the sight of your desk cheers me no end!! happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fab funky card! Wishing you a Happy New Year! Ali #64

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dear, sweet Jackie. Your gift arrived a few minutes ago. I'm off to open and photograph it. I'll feature it on my desk this coming Wednesday. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Now I see what you meant by the rocking horse being on my mailing desk. They are siblings, that's for sure. Thank you beyond belief. I love this beauty. Can't wait to show it off next Wednesday.

    It took forever to photograph this beauty because I've had to go back to the camera I hate so much that has no settings, or anything. And since it had no simcard, I took all those photos and learned that over 2/3 of them didn't take. I must have accidentally opened the camera battery case, which automatically removes all the photos from memory.

    And it's so cold in my craft room, my hands were shaking. Even my darling new rocker couldn't keep me warm. All I had was an inner glow and sense of pride (grin).

    Thank you again, dear Jackie. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG...Your background is GORGEOUS!!!! Love, Love, Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sparkle medium ! There is such a thing ???? I need some of that .... wow. Love your work x

    ReplyDelete