Tuesday, 25 March 2014

SDC140.......A Vintage looking piece

 
This week the very talented France Papillon Charles (a link to  her blog is on the right hand side of this post) has set us the challenge to make a vintage looking piece. This is what she said....
Lots of us get excited when we get our hands on an old ledger, old books, or old family photos, but those are often hard to come by, or very expensive. Because of that lots of us become very agile in making new things look old. Using inks, distressing paper tools and other yummy techniques.
How about we combine all that love for all things vintage and all those yummy techniques with our favourite Stampotique Stamps and create a vintage looking Stampotique piece.

So if you would like to join in a make a project and link it up at Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog you could win rubber stamps! The link to the blog is on the right hand side of my blog. Look forward to seeing what you create here is mine.....
I made this little house as a memory box to my Dad filled with things that were his or remind me of him!
Here are some step by step photos showing how I made this and the lovely Stampotique stamps I used in the process...
I started with a new wooden house that I removed the small frame in the middle of and painted.
After that I stamped Kraft glassine paper with these stampotique stamps 
I then cut the paper to the size of each little window in the house 
And glued it onto the back of the house
After this I found bits and bobs I had around the house that were dads such as a tin of old watch bits and bobs as dads hobby in his old age was mending watches and collecting watches!
After that I printed some photos of his mum and dad and a wedding photo of him and mum and added them to the little house. I found some fishing type net and a few shells, as we lived at the seaside and dad loved fishing and the beach, various other and bobs, that felt appropriate !
All these things I put into the house and made this..... Adding the stampotique cat at the end as dad loved cats and we had four over the years of we children growing up. 
Now it's your turn........ I look forward to you joining us over at the SDC challenge blog.









8 comments:

  1. Wow, i mean like in WOW!
    What a gorgeous piece and what a tribute to your dad! Frangifantastic :)))
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jackie and such a lovely piece to remember your dad every time you look at it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful work, I love the mouse and how you used all those Stampotique stamps. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Jackie, that little mouse is so cute :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie this is amazing, I love that you've made something so personal, and it's perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an absolutely fantastic piece! You've done such a marvelous job with all the different images and pieces you've put in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful and what a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is totally amazing. Great stamped backgrounds for all the "rooms" and I love all the bits and such you added. I especially love the Kitty who is standing guard over his new house!

    ReplyDelete