Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Stampotique Designers Challenge.............151 Boxs

This week the very talented Arwen has set us the challenge of boxs, this is what she had to say.....

What could be better than to give a loved one something?
To present a gift effectively, I make nice boxes to do so.
Be it for jewelry, candy, books, etc. - for all you can make great boxes.
But the box itself is a wonderful gift idea.
Show me your boxes!
As "given away" for something or as preserves things?
I'm curious about your boxes.

So with Arwen curious about boxs I thought what could I do a little differnt that was a box ...... I came up with the idea of a bird box, here it is.....
My Stampotique bird box that will be given to a little girl who loves animals of all kinds.
Here are some step by step photos of how I made it...

That's all the layers of paint and the grunge paste done!!!!!!
Lots of sanding then had to be done....,,.
Then I stamped this Stampotique sentiment 
Then I stamped Roc's scalloped boarder, followed by some more stamping, of Jo Capper-Sandons mushrooms.
These are the stampotique rubber stamps I used...
Then it was time for glueing, sticking, colouring etc 
Once everything was stuck down ...... I had my little bird box!
What a fun challenge Arwen set us this week .... Now it's over to you to make a box and show us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog, there is a chance to win a $30 voucher to spent at Stampotique.com 
Thank you for leaving a comment I will return the visit 















12 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie wow this is simply amazing!!! What a gorgeous bird house and fab idea love it !!!
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your birdhouse Jackie <3 It blows me away - all these lovely details ...WOW

    xoxo Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Jackie, you were really thinking "outside of the box" for this challenge! Love your bird box with all its great detail. A great array of stamps, with your text stamp making this project perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been going through a bit of an altered birdhouse phase myself lately and absolutely love what you've done here. That smidge of texture on the front is perfect and I really like the moss and eaves too. She will be delighted for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO adorable Jackie, it's all very lovely :) Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bird box, it's so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative and fun Jackie, I love your little bird house and the way you made the rock on the front, so awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Jackie. Love your explanation and all the detail on the box !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love everything about this project. Love the stamps - want the stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. STUNNING bird box Jackie, love all the colours and the stamps. Such fab inspiration :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jackie, this is so awe-mazing!! Wow, that little girl is going to fall in love with this! That was a lot of work; thank you for sharing how you did all that gorgeousness!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete