She said " in my town where I live there is still snow on the ground, I hoping that if we keep thinking"spring" really hard, that spring will arrive! To encourage the arrival of spring, I'd like to see you actually use springs, or something that makes things spring off your project.
So with that in mind I went to find some little plastic coil springs I had purchased but not got round to using yet! Once found, that took a while! I got to work and produced this set of PL cards.
The large butterfly is spring mounted ... Here are a few photos to show how I made them........
I started by flicking masking fluid on my cards, leaving it to dry then using Ken Oliver's colour bursts to give a lovely bright spring colour effect....
Next I found my spring, some ink and STAMPOTIQUE butterfly stamps by Jo Capper Sandon
Then I found a rub on and put that on the larger card
Then attached a cut out large butterfly to the spring
Then attached it to the card over the main image
TheRe is my wobbly flying butterfly!
Now it's over to you to join in the fun at the SDC blog, there is a link on the right of this post to the blog so you can show us what you can make spring off your project!







What lovely cards (love the quote!). I've never seen that type of spring before. Very cool.
ReplyDeleteThose colours are beautiful, wonderful art Jackie :) :) xx
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful, I love the choice of color and how the butterfly springs off the card.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this type of spring, Jackie!! And what perfect use you've made of it!! Such beautiful cards!! Drewling over the colors!! Can't wait to see the PL too! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card with all those lovely colors and yes, it does speak Spring to me! I love that you made the butterfly fly as well with the spring. What kind of paper did you use with the Color Bursts? Was it matte or glossy?
ReplyDeleteVerna the card was Matt, it was a project life card
Deleteturned out so beautifull!!
ReplyDeleteLovely colours !
ReplyDeleteCorrie x
Wonderful card, Jackie! I love using the Color Bursts and this card showcases them so well!!
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing Jackie, the colours are gorgeous xx
ReplyDeleteLove how this turned out. Beautiful colors.
ReplyDeleteHi Jackie, these are brilliant! Love that you've used PL cards and decorated them - would never have thought of doing that. The colours are beautiful and I love the springy butterfly :) Elizabeth xx
ReplyDelete