Tuesday, 19 February 2013

What's on my work desk this Wednesday

This is what is on my desk this week,on the left hand side of the table.
There are a number of rubber stamps and a pile of paper at the back and a lot of stamped elements I have painted and cut out.I am going to use all these elements on a layout of my Great Grandma.all the elements are sewing linked as she was a dressmaker.




As well as these elements I made some flowers to go on the same layout





I stamped some flowers on water colour paper then painted them and cut them out, then shaped them.


After that i glued them together to make the flowers for my layout


All the elements now made I have to just put the layout together!!!

This week I went to stay with a crafty friend for a few days and we did a few pages in our journals and went to a local crop near where she lives.it was good to see it was well attended with I would think, well over fifty people there.



Well if you have had a look at my desk and would like to see other people's crafty desks..... Just click on the link on the right hand side of my blog marked stamping ground and you will be whisked away to Julia's blog where all is explained.
Thank you for stopping by.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

69 comments:

  1. I love all the stitcherama going on there, such a great theme for your Great Grandma's layout!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As she was a dress maker I thought I would be the appropriate design to work with and I seemed to have a lot of dressmaking rubber stamps

      Delete
  2. those flowers are fab, look forward to seeing the finished layout

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really pleased how the flowers turned out because it was very time consuming making them !

      Delete
  3. WOW you have been busy, can't wait to see the LO. You hand cut all those flowers? They are really lovely
    Krisha #21

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a due to cut the flowers but it still took about four hours to cut them all out

      Delete
  4. good heavens! 50 peeps, I would say that is well attended! Love your journal page and the flowers are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think it's great to see that many people attending a crop

      Delete
  5. Love the journal and flower making you have going on. Happy WOYWW! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ~Christina 13

    ReplyDelete
  6. lots of awesome things going to go on the layout! It sounds like you had a great time visiting your friends. I love to go visit my crafty friends more then ever now days cause I am in to crafting! Thanks for sharing and have a great week! Vickie #28

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's good to go visiting crafty friends and craft together!!

      Delete
  7. What delightful flowers, they will make a great display! Hope to recognise you on Sunday (I am not good with faces, but will no doubt be at Paperartsy most of the time....!!)
    thanks for stopping by. Helen, 5

    ReplyDelete
  8. You would approve they are all coloured using paperartsy paints !

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous flowers i love the colours
    Happy WOYWW tfs Mrs.C #54
    www.craftylittlemoos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mrs c
      I made them that colour to coordinate with some prima papers

      Delete
  10. WOW, your flowers are Fabulous x
    So many Gorgeous things to see :0)
    really Inspiring x
    Happy WOYWW Heather # 72

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks heather
      I used heartfelt creations stamps for the flowers

      Delete
  11. wow you have been busy I love those flowers and all your other cut outs I am sure this is going to make for a lovely layout
    Wishing you a Happy WOYWW
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ria must say it has been time consuming !

      Delete
  12. My you have been busy all those bits look great and I cant believe you cut out al those delicate flowers I'm so impressed and look forward to seeing the final piece its going to be stunning enjoy the rest of the week Andrea#15

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! the amount of work you put in.... i am so impressed! like the journal pages too :)
    happy WOYWW and have a great week :)
    and thanks for stopping by already and leaving a lovely comment x
    no. 30

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love making flowers and yours are gorgeous! Happy WOYWW! Glenda #88

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's taken three days to do all the it's !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness your flowers are awesome, cant wait to see the finished layout, your journal pages are fantastic too.

    Happy WOYWW
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  17. The flowers and sewing elements are gorgeous...I look forward to seeing the final layout. I just love your art journal pages so full of colour and detail. Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW. Caro x #65

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful flowers. Can not wait to see the final layout.

    Enjoy hopping around the world today nosing into people desks.
    Lori #57

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was a most enjoyable blog read Jackie. Love the elements you have put together for the LO an those flowers are adorable.
    The pages you did in your book are fabulous, love the rich vibrancy of the colours, especially the one on the left hand side. It really cheers one up on dull days like we are having up north.
    Thanks for visiting me and happy WOYWW.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Neet your always so kind thank you

    ReplyDelete
  21. h wow - they look wonderful. Of all the scrappy, sticky, inky, messy things I do I have never really gotten in to watercolour. Love the look, don't have the knack (why am I singing My Sharonna in my head? Oh, wait... :)) to make it look good. But yoours are stunning. Will need to pop back for the finished item.

    MA (16)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello there, those flowers are fabulous. We have that dressmakers die too. Thanks for visiting the bears this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy WOYWW - lovely desk. Love the flowers especially. Happy crafting Gill x #103

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great things on your desk and I love the flowers. Hope to see the finished LO. Anne x #99

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your Gran's LO is going to look fab with all those brilliant elements. I love how the flowers came out.

    Hugs
    Brenda 114

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed Brenda just need to buy one thing for the layout hope to get it Sunday

      Delete
  26. That LO of your Great Grandma is going to be something else! love those tiny sewing spools, so cute! Thanks so much for visiting my blog today, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spools are cute I had to ink them then cover them with the paper I am using

      Delete
  27. Wow, Jackie, you are putting a lot of love and a lot of work into making the layout for your Great Grandma. What a wonderful tribute!! And your journal pages are warm and delicious!!

    Thanks for taking the time to come by the Playhouse and leave me some love! Have a wonderful week! Darnell #48

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I hope all the effort on this pays off and it will be worthy of keeping in my family folder!

      Delete
  28. Thanks for stopping by, and Happy WOYWW, I'll have to look in later none of the photos are appearing.
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's strange hope the load ok for your return

      Delete
  29. Well you have been beavering away on all those flowers - they look great !! Do show us the full layout ! The sewing theme sounds a lovely idea ! thanks for stopping by earlier x Ali #27

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh dear, cold knocked me for 6 again yesterday, then computer had a problem so DH had it all evening. Love all the flowers and looking forward to seeing your sewing themed page of your Great Grandma, journal looks cool too. Thanks for stopping by and Happy belated WOYWW BJ#4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear your unwell get better soon

      Delete
  31. i'm dropping by to say hi and thank you for visiting me! dressmaking wouold make a lovely theme and the flowers you made are lovely!
    happy WOYWW!
    hugs,#12
    peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  32. That is some stash of handmade flowers! I love them. I love the dress forms you made out of the dies. I think they weill be great on your layout for your great grandma the dress maker! I see you like Distress ink like I do too! Thanks for visiting! Winnie #93

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winnie I to love distress ink used it on every page of my family scrapbook

      Delete
  33. Hi, Jackie, those flowers are gorgeous! Love your beautiful art journal page, too. Thank you for sharing... :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those flowers are amazing! Would love to see the finished LO.
    Happy belated WOYWW!
    Tertia 20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pop back next week and the layout should be done

      Delete
  35. Oh my-you are into a serious planning stages of this pretty project-can't wait to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Doing the journal pages was fun

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks sue pop back next week

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Jackie, your flowers are absoluately stunning, I can't wait to see the layout that you do with them. Love the sewing cut outs as well - just beautiful.

    Karen #173

    ReplyDelete
  39. Looks like you've done loads of lovely fussy cutting...do you find you have to be in the mood to do it? That's how it happens for me, so I save it up until I feel like cutting for a few hours! lol Thanks for sharing all the pictures of your space and projects. The journal looks very colorful and pretty. I haven't done a journal yet, but I love that page on the right that looks pinkish and if I did one I would definitely want some pages like that in it. :) Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog already and have a great weekend! Deeyll

    ReplyDelete
  40. I really want to get back into scrapbooking. Your blog is inspiring! I look forward to your shares heading into spring.

    ReplyDelete