Tuesday, 5 February 2013

What's on my Work desk this week

This week my desk is such as mess.... Or very full!!!
This is because I have been busy and not been clearing away between each project (bad habit .... Many of us have!)
I have now sorted all my photographs, and paperwork, put them roughly in place in the album


I then started at the beginning of the album with a picture of my grandad and did a 12 x 12 layout of him as a baby



I then went onto my next photo and put that into a 12 x 12 with a couple of smaller photo's and a birth certificate and did some journalling. I have decided that I will journal on each page in my own handwriting even if I don't like it!



I plan next to do some very different size layouts next e .g 4 x6, 6x6 etc

I had some great news this week from a fellow desk hopper Nessie Natters that I had won a copy of her calendar..... How fab is that she is so talented.

The other thing I achieved this week was this card and tag for a friends birthday, it's made using versa mark and perfect pearls. I saw Barbra Grey on Saturday as she was doing a demo at a shop locally and was using perfect pearls.




If you want to look round other desks just click on the link on the right of my blog headed stamping Ground and all will be explained by the lovely Julia
Thank you for stopping by


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

90 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie
    I love your layour with the birth certificate. Im a keen family historian and think its a great idea to put a copy with the photos.
    Am enjoying your blog and this challenge and hope to take part soon when i get somewhere i can call a craft place of my own.

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comments ....,, did you notice my grandad and yourself share the same surname!!! You may be a relative !

      Delete
  2. Lovely layout!!
    Thanks for sharing ;)
    Happy Wednesday!

    Hugs Marleen #12

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the family tree in photo's but never thought to add certifcates, but now i've seen your lovely LO's using it i'll relook at mine to see how i can add some of mine. Great idea , jill #16

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots going on over here!!! Your scrapbook is really coming along! Getting sorted really is the biggest job. LOVE your perfect pearls! You know I bought some, but it took sooooo long to arrive, that I never bothered with them when they did. Must dig them out now!!

    Happy Crafting!
    Jeannie #4

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  30. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  33. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  34. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  36. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  37. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  38. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  39. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  40. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  41. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  42. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  43. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  44. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  45. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  46. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  47. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  48. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Sweet layouts...sweet meaning awesome! I need to get busy and try and document some of the pics for my kids before something happens to us and they have no idea who those people are! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #33


    ReplyDelete
  50. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  51. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  52. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  53. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  54. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  55. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  56. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  57. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  58. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  59. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  60. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh what happened to make it soooo many!!!

      Delete
  61. Hi there, just popping by to say hello; I should be working so it's a bit of a mad dash around this week so don't pop the kettle on for me. Loving the blue layout
    Neil #34

    ReplyDelete
  62. Happy WOYWW. Thanks for sharing your desk.

    Jackie #45

    ReplyDelete
  63. Aha, the hand written journalling thing - I ma a BIG BIG exponent of it. It'snot about whether you like your handwriting, it's about leaving your mark in telling a story that you're a part of. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Great scrappages Thanks for popping by my desk - Happy WOYWW BJ #9

    ReplyDelete
  65. Beautiful photos and pages, I Love the way you have scrapped them.
    Lots of Lovely things to see, Have a Great week.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Your scrapbook pages are really lovely and I bet very emotional to do when it is about your dad as a baby.
    Loving the card and tag
    Happy WOYWW #192
    Ria #75

    ReplyDelete
  67. Love your layouts and your desk doesn't look so messy in compared with mine.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Barbara #97
    Don't miss my collage GIVEAWAY.
    www.365waysofmemories.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  68. Oh! Thank you SO much for sharing that, you're brilliant! It never occurred to me 'duh' to combine the documents that I've been finding with my genealogy and the pictures I have that are old! I can't thank you enough for turning that light on for me!
    Happy WOYWW and again THANK YOU!
    Angie #112

    ReplyDelete
  69. Love the scrapbooking of the old photos. I am going to need to do this someday.

    Cut card too!

    Hope you get a chance to check out my blog and desk.
    Have a great day.
    Lori #110

    ReplyDelete
  70. Hi there, Jackie, just a quick visit to see what you are up to. Unfortunately, the EM is unwell and needs looking after so time is limited today. It's fascinating to see how organised you are with your heritage photos and your pages are lovely. I always write the journaling by hand too - because I so treasure the tiny scraps of writing I have from my mother and grandmother. Hope your WOYWW has been happy. Elizabeth x #55

    ReplyDelete
  71. Beautiful, love what you're doing with the FH stuff, and good for you for adding the personal touch with the hand written journaling too.

    Hugs
    Brenda 115

    ReplyDelete
  72. What a wonderful start to your vintage album. I love seeing all those old photos shown to their full potential. Happy WOYWW! Thanks for sharing. Caro #72

    ReplyDelete
  73. What lovely LO. We tried different size scrapbook pages but reverted to 12 x 12 in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Love that old photo..and your layout just fits it perfectly...everything about it is lovely :)
    Hugs, LLJ 44 xx

    ReplyDelete
  75. Wow! Love your layout! I haven't done much scrapbooking in awhile. I love that you used a copy of the birth certificate! Precious family treasures and memories. Also love your cat card/tag What a great technique using the perfect pearls. I don't use them enough (I mostly mist and spray with them..thanks for the reminder to use them in other ways!)

    Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  76. Oh hecky pecky - you are having comments duplicated left right and centre. Hope it has stopped for you now.
    Lovely LO's, especially the first one, what gorgeous colours you have chosen.
    Congrats too on your win, lucky girl.
    Thanks for the visit to my blog and happy WOYWW.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  77. Fabby photos there, love the start of this.
    #63

    ReplyDelete
  78. Hullo there Jackie,
    Well , at last time to do some blog hopping!
    Some lovely work going on here, amazing scrap pages - really love them both!
    Thanks so much for popping over and thanks for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz. x #61

    ReplyDelete
  79. gosh! you have been busy - i just love the scrapbook pages!!
    thank you for dropping by and leaving a lovely comment :)
    happy WOYWW and have a great week!
    no. 5

    ReplyDelete
  80. Belated WOYWW greetings - thanks for your visit yesterday too. Love your post as I love genealogy too and feeling quite guilty that the only scrapping lately I have done has been digi-scrapping. I have 6 12"x12" albums and goodness know how many 8" ones half finished and unstarted... so thanks for the inspiration needed to get me going again... have a good week Gill x #50

    ReplyDelete
  81. Your pages are fabulous and your card and tag are so cute! Have a fab week xx #125

    ReplyDelete
  82. Hi Jackie
    Thanks for the visit to my place!
    Love the layouts - good for you to be doing your own journaling - its what holds me back from doing more layouts 'cause I can't get my head round my scrappy writing!!!
    Love the card with the pearly puss!!
    Have a great week
    Caz
    #98

    ReplyDelete
  83. Oh, my goodness, Jackie, you are to be commended for taking on such a labor of love and doing SUCH beautiful work!! It's easy to see why you have won so many awards!!

    Thanks for coming by the Playhouse already! Have a wonderful week if I don't see you before! Darnell #47

    ReplyDelete
  84. That looks like quite some project you've taken on there Jackie! I love your flower accents on your Grandad's layout. Thanks for visiting me. MM x #144

    ReplyDelete
  85. I love your busy desk and the cute photo of your Grandad in a dress. I used to have one like that of my dad, but sadly it went astray a while ago, before I had made a copy of it. Your scrapbook will be awesome when it is done. I only use 12"x12" for mine. I can never get enough on a page with smaller ones.
    Thanks for visiting my blog this week. I am sorry I am so late making the rounds. Kate x #71

    ReplyDelete
  86. Edwards is my married name but there may be a connection, we will have to compare notes

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete