Tuesday, 23 April 2013

What's on my work desk

I've had a little tidy up and this is how my desk looks now





You can see I have been busy with my Gelli plate again and then stamped the print with flowers from Heartfelt creations. I made some flowers last week but they are sitting on the right of the picture, the layout I wanted to put them on would just not come together in my mind or on paper! Do other people have this problem, or is it just me,if it doesn't feel right I just can't do it and have to put it to one side.

Had a bit of a Gelli plate accident, I was braying away and the whole thing shot off the table and landed on the floor.



Did not know if to laugh or cry so I took a photo instead!!!
Anyway I made a few prints then stamped them with the flowers as you can see below



I tried using a sponge to get the mottled effect , this was something I have not tried so far and was pleased with the result






I love the fact that you can make any colour patterned paper to match what your working on. I was working on this



Which is a copy of the telegram my Great Aunt got to tell her that her husband had been killed in the war and i wanted some pattern paper to match it , but did not have any so I made some ....yea for the Gelli Plate.

Thanks for stopping by if you would like to see what other crafter and artists are up to, go to the link on the right hand side of my blog marked Stamping Ground and Julia will explain all

40 comments:

  1. Your not the only one that has a problem when creating I get it all the time I start one way and finish in a totally different direction, it's natural :) hugs Nikki #9 I have some candy too

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gelli plate is so much fun. Love the effects you have achieved.
    Sandra @13

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have cried if it got broken...love the texture you got going here. Bella #19

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! you're really getting to grips with the gelli plates - even when they shoot off the table - the final effect is wonderful!
    i think we all have a gap between what we see in our head, and what translates onto the card/paper/canvas... i'm learning to go with what happens - not always easy, though!
    happy WOYWW and have a great week :)
    no. 1 - can't believe it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the effects that you can make with the Gelli plate, really fab! Even when they are on the floor!!
    Hugs, LLJ 22 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you are embracing all things gelli!! hope the floor cleaned up.. Helen 2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there. Thanks for the peek into your creative world. Your Gelli plate mishap made me smile, think we've all been there at times!

    Neil#27

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh you Gelli girls are really proving its worth huH! Love the idea of taking the photo before deciding the next emotion - truly a scrapbooker! You're very tidy indeed.. I see from your previous post why - it looks great in your craft room I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The gelli plate sounds really interesting. I will have to check it out. #75

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky you i love what your doing with your Gelli plate. I so want one. I really like the one with the stamp flowers on :) Jules No 48

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am right there with you on projects that just do not feel right and have to be left for a while.
    You made me laugh when you said about dropping the Gelli Plate and taking a photo.
    I have not seen a gelli plate in the flesh but I like what you said about being able to make backgrounds to fit the projects.
    Happy WOYWW and thank you for sharing your desk
    Ria #60

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! I can just feel your passion about the gelli plate landing on the floor. LOL! So funny. Great projects. Happy Wednesday!
    SueC#93

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely prints and flowers. The floor as a texture tool, will have to try that one!
    Karen #64

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, you made me smile when you said you didn't know whether to laugh or cry - not nastily I might add, just made me smile as I do that kind of thing.
    You certainly are using that plate a lot, good for you, you must be quite the expert now with it.
    Thanks for the visit, I missed you when I shot round a couple of hours ago, sorry.
    Hugs, Neet xx 4

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry about the Gelli plate accident. I like how you used those HC stamps. Happy crafting #6

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like how your desk photo enlarges so I can really snoop around. I'll have to come back and find out about Gelli plate. Carole 115

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your Gelli Plate backgrounds. Gosh, the one on the floor looks so familiar. I've never done Geli plates, but I have dropped plenty of stuff on the floor, and of course it always falls so the wet side is on the floor. It's not good when it's a finished project all coated with wet, sticky varnish, especially when there are shedding animals in the house!

    Kathi #105

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous use of the Gelli plate...I have yet to drop mine, but know that it will happen at some point! I have had those issues with layouts frequently...I hope you manage to get it to come together how you want as those flowers look fantastic. Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW. Caro xx #131

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your backgrounds look great - I'm considering getting a gelli plate but it will have to wait a while.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I nearly lost the Gelli plate with the forst brayer, slipery little things aren't they? I'm sorry to admit Pidgy laughed at the gelli on the floor incodent!

    Thanks for your earlier visit to the bears.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I sometimes have an idea in my head and when I sit down to do it, it just flies out of my head into space, very frustrating!
    I have to look into this gelli plate you are all raving about, but they are not available in South Africa yet, so I will have to be very patient.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #17

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely work desk, I've just tidied up as well, and if you're anything like me it won't stay that way for long!

    Happy WOYWW!

    Amy #77

    ReplyDelete
  23. great looking projects. I haven't bought a gelli plate yet but everyone seems to be having loads of fun with them! Hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing. I forgot it was even Wednesday until 11:50pm CDT! so I am a little late getting around. OMG! Memory issues again. Oh well better late then never. Vickie #145

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like you have taken to the Gelli craze like mad. I've not even thought to buy one, far too messy. Hope yours was OK after its escapade on the floor. Thanks for visiting me yesterday, I'm a bit behind answering BJ#31

    ReplyDelete
  25. I do love your craft space. Gelli plate is on my shopping list for my next pay day!

    Maggie
    http://maggiescraft.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow you busy sound like your having a great time wit the gelli plate despite the mishaps ! love the effects and those flowers are fab .thanks for visiting and hope you have a fab week

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope you are laughing now at the projectile gelli plate. I hate when that happens, I was photographing a project when the wind blew and it toppled over.
    Happened twice-the wind was too quick for me
    Bridget #38

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the effect of that braying! TFS and visiting my desk.

    Michelle #93

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lots of interesting pieces on your desk. Enjoyed my snoop.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOL! Gelli plates, like toast, will always land buttered side down :D

    Nice prints, New technique? Drop the plate and print off the floor? DOH!


    Happy WOYWW!

    MA (8) (so very late this week!)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh NO! Flying Gelli Plate? Did you at least get a nice print on the floor? I love the flowers and even though what you envisioned did not come together the way you wanted it to,I'm sure they will be the perfect touch for something else.

    Yes...She Scrapbooks is somewhat near me. It is a 40 minute drive or so, so I don't go very often, as Saturdays are the only time I can go as I work during the weekdays and they don't have evening hours.
    They do have great classes there and the ladies are wonderful and they get in all the newest things!
    Last year I took two wonderful days of classes with Tim Holtz and loved every minute of it.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.
    Anna #97

    ReplyDelete
  32. When I first saw the gelli plate on the floor, my first thought was, "And thus gelli floor decor was born." But Ack! You are seriously piquing my curiosity about gelli plates. Time will tell if I thank you for this lol. Those flower embellies you are making are amazing. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier! #88

    ReplyDelete
  33. When in doubt laugh! atleast it is good for the abs!
    Great prints! and tidy desk...
    thanks for visiitng my place and welcoming me to yours

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great post, Jackie! It was really interesting to see the process you went through and good job making your own background just the way you want! Sorry about the spill. It is funny that we both had them and took pictures!

    Thanks for the visit! Have a wonderful week! Darnell #52

    ReplyDelete
  35. I've only recently heard of gelli plates so I'm off to have a Google! They look fun.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Looks like the gelli plate survived nicely. Love the mottling effect. Happy WOYWW! Nan G #98

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love both your colorful gelli plate print patterns. I have not worked with them, but am truly intrigued by them. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  38. That is next on my list, try the gelli plate. Sorry about snickering about the accident but when you said it just "shot" right off the table, I couldn't help it. :) Thanks for dropping by my desk, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  39. The gelli plate is pretty cool and I love the flowers you made. I know just what you mean when you aren't "feeling" something and you hit on the same solution I use...just set it aside and come back when inspiration strikes again and it will. Someday! :) Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment already. Deeyl #135

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh! I am so looking forward to getting my Gelliplate! I've been altering and stamping to match up colours with my yearbooks! Thanks for visiting,Chris#136

    ReplyDelete