Tuesday, 30 April 2013

What's on my work desk

It's time to show you my work desk and share what I have been doing!
Or not .......as is sometimes my problem. I have been doing a lot of work for a magazine recently so all that I have done for that, sadly I cannot show you yet, but I will as soon as I can!




I have had my Pan Pastels out as you can see,there are tubes of paint left from Charlotte having a go with my Gelli plate .....oh did she love it !



She did lots of prints using different things and then we put them all together with rings to make a book that she took to school to show her teacher.



This is the one she did with bubble wrap!
I have not had much time at my desk to do my own stuff this week as I organised and ran a workshop on Friday for a group of us to craft



This was a fun crafting day and I got my 50th birthday cards and photos all put in a album together. I also did a Gelli Plate demo and everyone had ago and loved it!!!! Now I need to put everything I took away, it's fun to do but the packing and unpacking does take time.
Charlotte loves all animals so I took her and a friend and Natasha to a cat show as a friend was showing her cat, there were 100's of them the girls were in cat heaven!



I bought these wooden letters recently, planning on using them soon but just wondered.... How would others use them and what inks or paints would you use on them?


Thanks for stopping by and having a look in crafty world if you would like to have a look round some other crafty desk just click on the link on the right hand side of my blog marked stamping ground and all will be explained by the lovely Julia.

36 comments:

  1. I see panpastels, love them!
    Have a great Wednesday.
    Hugs Marleen #6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children are so creative arent they
    Bridget #9

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't played with pan pastels or gelli plates! too many other toys at the moment! Those wooden stamps are wonderful - I would use anything distress on them - they are going to look fabulous. Thanks for sharing. Sunshine Girl 31.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those letters, how FAB!! I'd love some too.. hope you find something brilliant to do with them... Helen 3

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, those stamps look fab. They look well used and loved by the previous owner...Not sure but I think acrylic paint would work, but you need to wash them immediately afterwards or an oil based paint. Look up wood block printing and see what they use...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jackie
    I think your desk is looking very interesting lots to look at. I love that your little girl played with your gelli plate and loved it, bless.
    Looks like your ladies were having fun good luck with the putting awaw!
    Happy WOYWW #204 and enjoy the rest of your week
    Ria #44

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning, just popping in to say Hi.
    Loving your world this morning;

    Hope you have a fun week.
    Neil # 22

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your desk and workspaces! Looks like your daughter is having a lot of fun with the Gelli plate. I don't know what I would do with the wooden letters...maybe nothing, just put them on a shelf. are they really old? Hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing! Vickie #41

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm yet to be sold onto pan pastels, I kinda don't get 'em..must take a class I think. LOVE LOVE LOVE the wooden letters..I wouldn't use them, I;d be making words up and dotting them round the house...so no help at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like Charlotte I love playing with bubble wrap and paint. Pan pastels look fun but I cant justify the expence...boo hoo....as for the letters ....I thinkIi'd be boring and use them to make distressed effect words on journal pages and LO's with distress inks or ink them and remove some before stamping iyswim.xx68

    ReplyDelete
  11. great to get them started young. and I did a sharp intake of breath when I saw those wonderful alpha blocks - what a find. Happy woyww jenx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really nice print Charlotte, I so want a Gelli plate. Jules

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't the Gelli plate fun? I'm going to do bubble wrap on mine today. Those stamps are fab, I'd try a small amount of acrylic paint.

    Thanks for visiting the bears already today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic letters, I need some of them!
    Karen #52

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooh your desk looks yummy, lots of crafty goodness. Like the look of pan pastels, not had a go yet, think i should.
    Have a grest day.
    Sandra. #73

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it when DD wanders past and wants to give somethng a go. She loved the Geli plate too :)

    And the wooden letters? I'm thinking it will have to be paint. Or a really juicy ink pad! Pigment ink, maybe, rather than dye - but really you may just have to try a few things and see. You might find you like them all but for different effects :)


    Happy WOYWW!
    MA (2)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gelli-plate ... love it! And I love those letters too.... : ) I would sponge them with acrylic paint and stamp them over everything...lol! Have fun!! Thanks for sharing and Happy Woyww Liz@57

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmmm pan pastels - N I C E MMx #56

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots happening here!
    I love the pan pastels, and so far still making my own printing plates.
    thanks for welcoming me and for visiting my place

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those letters are gorgeous!! And I wouldn't do anything to them either, I like the distressed vintage look...as you can see from my photo on the blog this week!!! Lol I'm very vintage and distressed :)
    Hugs, LLJ 27 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. love to work with my kids as well - they always have so much fun playing wth paint :)
    Cheers, Jana
    108

    ReplyDelete
  22. At least your desk was not lonely, Charlotte had a good time, as all children do when they get to play with "grown-up toys" LOL
    Krisha #36

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lots of interesting things on your desk. It looks like Charlotte is having lots of fun. I love her bubble wrap print!

    Kathi #129

    ReplyDelete
  24. I haven't dare let Alex play with my gelliplate yet, but then he is much younger than Charlotte who looked like she had a fantastic time. Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW. Caro x (#70)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love it when children have the opportunity to explore and teach me things! LOL! Happy Wednesday!
    SueC#107

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the look of your desk! If I can make prints like your daughter I think I will love my Gelliplate - I'm picking it up at a workshop next week! Thanks for visiting, Chris#82

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those printer letters look great! I'd clear stamp and clear emboss them for a large title on a scrapbook page and then mist over them and wipe it off the lettering so you get a negative effect!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The paints on your desk are really eyecatching. Love the bubblewrap work. I have been looking for a set of letters like the ones you have, but smaller. I want them cos i'm intending on making gift hearts out of Fimo clay an pressing the letters down just enough for the impressions to take. Then I could put messages on them, like Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, etc. Well, that's what i would do with them. Thanks for visiting and have a great week - Lucy #24 x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great photo of your little budding crafter - she's doing rather better than I am with the gelli plate, still haven't got mine out of it's packaging! Love the letters - they would be great for stamping titles on scrap pages, or you could stamp on to canvas with them - maybe for a background ... not really very helpful with my suggestions. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #92

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love a busy desk...! Those print letters are so cool! Thanks for popping in to say Hello! Sue 14

    ReplyDelete
  31. Bubble wrap is brilliant to paint on or with, great fun! Have a great crafty week
    HapPy WoYwW!?!


    ((Lyn)) #142

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those pan pastels are gorgeous! Love the layout, I'm a sucker for kraft paper. Lovely busy crafty space. Thanks for visiting my blog! #116

    ReplyDelete
  33. Super pics this week, loving the Gelli plate bubble wrap. Looks like you all had fun. Thanks for popping by & saying Hi, am a bit late visiting! Take care Zo xx 75

    ReplyDelete
  34. I keep seeing Pan Pastels, I haven't got any yet! Gelli plate envy here!

    Your daughter is clever. Those letters could be used as stamps, or be altered but not sure what into yet, a frame maybe?

    Happy WOYWW

    Cazzy x #157

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your desk looks so interesting. Love the wooden letters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I had a play last week with a Gelli Plate - very interesting. Your daughter has been a busy girl and a successful one too by the look of it.
    Love those letters - I would use them for display and maybe try them with Adirondacks.
    Sorry I am so late with comments, been away - Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete