Tuesday, 2 July 2013

What's on my work desk this week

Well you will see from this picture below that the desk has remained somewhat like it was last week. The big blue album in the middle of my desk
Contains my daughters wedding pictures, there is some fabric to the left of it, my stamps are still there in the box, my big 12x14 Gelli plate is at the back waiting to be used!




Do you remember the large pile of photographs on last weeks post well ........... They are sorted and in the album, thanks to a project life kit!



I will show you the stages in a little series of photos to explain what I have done so far......first I sorted out the photos into groups that matched some of the cards in the mini set wedding



Here is a close up of the one saying Honeymoon, with all the honeymoon pictures next to it



Then I placed the photos into the protective sleeves and a selection of the cards into the slots ( there are slots for 4x6 cards or photos and smaller ones)



Here is a selection of the cards to give you an idea!




I carried on doing this and putting each protector I filled into the album



I also purchase some extra protectors that I put just photos in as you can see below.


I then used the project life protectors with the journalling cards every few pages in the album, I have left the journalling cards for the happy couple to fill in themselves.




So I kept doing this till the photographs had been used up!
Thus I now have an Album full of photographs.

Now the next stage is to select a few of my favourite pictures and turn them into 12 x 12 scrapbook layouts! Then fit them into the album in suitable places...... Job done!!!!!!

Also this week I recieved an ATC from Nan G, here it is below



I finished the last part of the tree part Heritage Scrapbooking series I have written, designed and photographed for Scrapbook magazine, the printed copy is on my desk at the side of the Album, pleased I have finished and achieved so much, just hope it has been enjoyed by the readers. Part 2 comes out at the end of July and the last one probably September I guess, I do hope my story inspires other to do as I have and Scrapbook there family history, I have enjoyed doing it so much!




Well if you want to take a look at some other desks of crafts, just click on the link on the right hand side of my blog marked Stamping Ground and the lovely Julia will explain all.

30 comments:

  1. Oh Jackie, how wonderful to see your daughter so well and swimming with dolphins. I bet that brings a tear or two to your eye.
    What a beautiful keepsake this is going to be. What wonderful times you must be having whilst making it and seeing your beautiful daughter and her lovely husband.
    Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet xx 16

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making that wedding memories album must be a joy..but I'd be sobbing half the time...I'm so emotional!! If it were my sons....oh dear....I'd be a wreck!
    Ad congrats on being a published writer..again! Hope the article goes down well!
    Hugs, LLJ 59 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. I would also be sobbing my heart out...but in a good way
    Silvia #51

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. So nice to see the follow-thru from last week's post and the wedding photos are fab. Your PL organization is outstanding. I do really like the use of the B&W and grey cards so the colourful photos really stand out.

    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (19)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh you have been busy. Fab PL project so neat! Take care Zo xx 69

    ReplyDelete
  6. How busy you've been, but what wonderful results. All those precious memories so beautifully presented and so well organized. What a lovely ATC too. Julie Ann x #54

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's a good idea. Ŵe have some PL style page protectors and sorting the photos to where we want them to go would be a great start. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Waving hi from The House of Bears @#92 this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic album and doesn't PL make it so much easier to deal with masses of photos. I'll bet you're looking forward to doing your 12x12 pages.

    Thanks for your visit today, and you know it's funny, I do seem to have a lot of pink and yet I'm not a very girly girl. BUT I do have a hubby and 2 teenage sons so I think it is an antidote to all the testosterone bouncing around my house! Have a great week MMx #47

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed your post this week with all the sorting and project cards! One day I shall print off and arrange our family phots of our son....he is now 7yo. I need a printer!!!!! Would simply love to scrapbook one day too! TFS and thanks for popping by my blog to say hello!
    Happy WOYWW! #34

    ReplyDelete
  10. How organised you have been with your album. Lovely pictures of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jackie, I spotted the huge pile of photos in the previous post and thought it would take you forever to do something with them but not so! I've been spurning project life stuff up until now but I'm impressed at how quickly you got them into an album - it could be the perfect solution to all those holiday photos I have tucked away in a drawer. Enjoyed reading the first part of your series in Scrapbook Magazine and looking forward to reading the next part. Elizabeth x #60

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow great job.
    Happy WOYWW and I wish you a lovely week.
    xx Monique #74

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it when i see people making scrapbook albums to give to someone as i know how much enjoyment other can get from looking & remembering things that have passed. These albums are a good memory jogger. Happy woyww Jill #48

    ReplyDelete
  14. fantastic creation one that will last a life time. Love it.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 81

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh a big job to scrap a wedding, I know I did one a few years back for a friend. Love the soft blue in the colour scheme.

    Yep Helen and I have a ball at the craft club, it is great to connect with a crafting enthusiast.

    Sorry I'm a bit late replying but my son had his drum exam this morning, glad that is over now. Thanks for stopping by this week BJ#13

    ReplyDelete
  16. For such an important single event, your Pl planning is marvellous, and I love the idea of interspersing the album with whole LOs too, I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you've really done a lot on your album. Love all those flowers on your desk. Thanks for stopping by. happy crafting #12

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a busy lady! The album looks lovely Nice idea to leave the journalling for the happy couple. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #41 xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done on getting published, that's a terrific achievement. Love the photo book idea, it's a much clearer way of sorting pictures out. Hugs. Pam#27

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jackie
    It looks like you have done an amazing job with the wedding album you have put so much thought and effort in to it. Well done you great job

    Happy WOYWW enjoy the rest of your week
    Ria #52

    ReplyDelete
  21. love those new see through album pages...I can see myself scrapbooking using those...I don't like to scrapbook much. Hope you have a great week and thanks for visiting my desk and leaving a message. I know I sound all doom and gloom but that is the way it is this month!! So much going and not enough money or time to get it all done! Vickie #93

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! You have been busy! Look forward to seeing more now! Chris#119

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm rather late calling by this week....a long day looking after the twins yesterday and I just ran out of time.
    What a fab collection of gorgeous photos....enough to reduce anyone to happy tears :-)
    Thanks for calling by at mine.
    Hugs,
    A x # 46

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for dropping by. What a beautiful memory album. Such a treasured piece to be looked back on with many happy memories.

    I haven't done any scrapbooking in a while so must change that soon.

    Take care

    Jackie #80

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Jackie,

    Thanks so much for visiting my workdesk this week, I love your scrapbook with project life!

    Hugs,

    Michelle #26

    ReplyDelete
  26. You've really worked out a great way to make the wedding album. Love it.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and I'll pop you in for the blog candy draw.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Jackie - I wondered what Project Life was all about - it was everywhere at the craft show... but I was too focussed on getting my dies & inks etc LOL... have a great week Mxx #103

    ReplyDelete
  28. My my you've busy! Seems like a great way to sort pics and plan pages. (I don't scrapbook) Love the ATC wink wink. :) Have a great weekend! a belated Happy WOYWW! Nan G #25

    ReplyDelete
  29. How lovely! They will be thrilled. :)
    Jean 8

    ReplyDelete
  30. GReat photos, project life is not for me, I dont have many photos of my life lol
    Bridget #85

    ReplyDelete