Tuesday, 30 July 2013

What's on my work desk this week!

Not going to win any awards for being neat and tidy this week am I ? Although I have been good and changed all the scrapbook layouts on my side bar this week!




Bit of a dumping ground really this week, I have actually being working on this little table in the sunshine, just outside the doors of my craft room in the shade.




I have been working on this layout, it's not finished yet, although not much left to do



I also decided it, as its got a little cooler, now was time to sort my crafting magazines, so I started on Monday night.... Putting them into piles etc. I have kept my magazines for the last ten years ish, so I have an assortment, who remembers Scrapbook magic? Scrapbook Inspirations? that 12x12 scrapbook magazine that didn't fit through the letterbox! I have had craft stamper on and off from volume 3 !!! Scrapbook magazine from volume 7!!!!! Rubber stamp madness, take ten, to mention but a few.....( and I did mean a few, of the many titles)


It will take me till Wednesday night to get it all finished but its heading in the right direction...



Well if your thinking why is she showing me this mess, just click on the link on the right of my blog marked stamping ground and all will be explained and you can go desk hopping round the world looking at 'crafty desks ' for hours!
Thank you for visiting please leave a comment and I will return and visit your desk ... Many thanks

35 comments:

  1. HOLY SMOKES that's alot of magazines wow !!! your gonna be there a while getting it all organized hugs Nikki ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie, the page is pretty as it is, love the flowers ... stamped, perhaps? That's an awful lot of magazines ... I don't remember most of the ones you mention. I don't keep every magazine I buy either, haven't got the space. Instead, I go through them and just tear out any article/item that really grabs me and pass the rest on to my daughter. And I would have been so tempted to read through all those old magazines too ... it would probably take me a month or so to get through your collection :)) Elizabeth x - no link, no number so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful layout! Love your outdoor working place. And WOW, you have a whole library there!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Tuire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thanks for sharing your Fabulous WOYWW xx Jan (15)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just do pulling from the mags the bits I want and then place them in an inspiration folder and get rid of the crap that should be moved on. I do this on a regular basis and now even better I have moved into the digital world of mags. Great place cyberland.

    Thanks for sharing, have fun sorting and have a great week.

    Happy WOYWW
    Eliza & Yoda 4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I've not yet bought any craft magazines - don't quite know where I'd find room for them, as it's enough of a problem fitting in my little stash! A magazine too big to fit in the letter box - that is quite something! I love your layout with the beautiful Paper Artsy stamps. They go so well with it! Have a lovely WOYWW. Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's a beautiful LO - looks like you were inspired by your garden!
    wonderful to see your mag all organized - bet that feels good :)
    happy WOYWW and have a great week :)
    no. 8

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS from Julie Ann - forgot to say I'm #12 now! Linky returned! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you have a huge collection of magazines, I can just imagine how much wonderful inspiration you must have at your finger tips with all these on hand. Your layout is just lovely I love the pretty colors and sweet flowers. Have a great Week and Happy WOYWW! Danie #25

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you have a library cataloging system for all those mags??! That's a lot of reading and inspiration there!
    I am a seaside town gal too and there is a lifeboat station in my home town in Wales so I feel very strongly about the RNLI! I hope Rachel manages to make a pile of money for them on the 10th!
    Hugs. LLJ 20 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love magazines too, but gee...you outdo me by 500%.
    I only have a small room, so I have to tear out the relevant project pages and just keep them, other wise I'd have no room.
    Your space looks clean, and organised and inviting.
    Judy #55

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's such a pretty page, love those Jo flowers.
    Cannot believe your desk is so piled up! No wonder you moved outside for a bit of relief - and those magazines!!
    You might find some of my articles in them, sorry I can't remember when they were but I have shown them on my blog (RH side) - well, the ones I remember.
    Hugs and thanks for the visit - Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WoW - what a stash of magazines.... I don't own a single one :-( I bet there are some awesome things to see in those :-)

    Happy WOYWW

    IKE in Greece #58

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your desk looks just fine to me, glad you found somewhere cooler to work. My little outdoor space is also enclosed so alas no cooler.

    LOL @ all those magazines, bet everyone wishes they lived near you, know I do.

    Lynda #59

    ReplyDelete
  15. We think you need a few more magazines! Love your outside craft space, perfect for a sunny day.

    Waving hi from The House of Bears @#78

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the layout. Oh my word what a lot of magazines!!!! Thought I had a few but they pale into insignificance compared to your collection. Happy WOYWW Anne x #24

    ReplyDelete
  17. Let's call that the Scrapmag graveyard! Looks like my shelves and I too have some old, odd issues of various no longer publishing magazines. That 12x12 one could have been a great idea but the size was just too difficult to store, and read. I know I have the premier issue SOMEPLACE :)

    I am so in love with the Joofy stamps, keep meaning to buy some, but can't seem to make the time to winnow the list down to reasonable :)


    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (17)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an enormous number of magazines - enjoy looking through them. We may not see you for some time if you are going through each one...but we will know where you are!!Have a fabulous week.
    Margaret #9

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jackie
    Wow what a lot of mags! I keep mine for a few years too but sort through them from time to time and pass them on. Can you bear to let them go? I love your LO, so summery. Have a happy week
    Lynda B #43

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful to change the place into the garden - I love this too! Good luck for you magazins refreshment :) hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, I have never seen so many magazines!

    Pretty layout too :)

    Have a great week

    Dawn #94

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks great! A beautiful layout and yay for organizing the magazines :-) looks awesome. Suzanne
    #60

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my good golly gosh that's a whole lot of magazines.

    Be well~ Carole
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/2013/07/making-card-candy-woyww-217.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful LO page. What a fab magazine store you have! x Jo #11

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my word...You have A LOT of magazines. Good luck in organizing them. Love your coloring. Happy crafting #125

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh my word, that is one huge magazine collection but credit to you for sorting them ot. Happy woyww Rebecca x #90

    http://mellymoopapercrafting.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  27. OH MY GIDDY AUNT! I have been gifted as many as this and have no storage for them...they are all over my dining room table and we eat on our laps in the lounge! I must get some of these boxes and get them sorted and on shelves...quite where I don't know...I need an extra room! Thanks for the inspiration. #85

    ReplyDelete
  28. I thought I had a lot of Magazines! I laughed a little when I saw your small work table outdoors in comparison to your larger indoor desk.. Crazy but we creative types will create just about anywhere. #114 Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy WOYWW! Thanks for a sharing a peek into your studio space, I love seeing what everyone is up to! ~Robin Panzer Art Studio 33 (#132 whoa…I was late to the party today!)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good for you, those mags take up a hell of a lot of room!! really do you refer to them a lot? I'm super impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOL.. you win the magazine collection trophy! Last time I was home I had a massive sort out and got rid of heaps as I find I don't go back to them for inspiration now so much is online. :(
    Lovely LO you have going on there and had to laugh at the table outside... almost as if there weren't enough space on the inside one! ;) Annette #1 for the first time in 4 years!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Eh, neat and tidy desks are overrated. I think you have the right idea, working out in the sunshine.

    Wowzers, you have enough magazines to start a lending library!

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #110

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh, my word, Jackie, that is a library's worth of magazines! I've never seen so many in a craft room before. Speaking of craft rooms, wow, I love all the glass you have and the doors leading outside. I don't remember noticing that before. I'm so happy you are having an actual summer this year! And your layout is so sweet; love it!!

    Thanks for coming to visit me! Happy Belated WOYWW ! Enjoy the rest of your week! Darnell #118

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello. Well Im Roberta aka Bert #122. And Im new and very slow at this. I seem to get lost in all the goodies in every one sites.. just wanted to say thank you for sharing and letting me peak. Have a lovely day. Bert

    ReplyDelete