Friday, 30 August 2013

Sepia Saturday

This is our inspirational photo for Sepia Saturday this week !


Well here is my three chaps



The person on the left is my Grandfather Robert Edwards, I am not sure yet about the one in the middle and on the right. What I can guess is they are family relatives as I have another picture of the three of them as young boys along with my Grandfathers brother, Basil. This i turned into a scrapbook layout.



I also did this one of my Grandfather as a little boy.... Yes Boy but if he was dressed like this today we would think he was a girl!



This is what I did with this photo for my Family History album



I made this scrapbook layout with Ancestory paper from K&Co and stamped flowers from Heartfelt Creations, that I layered and glued together.

My family history Album is a mix of photos information and scrapbook layouts, I hope the generations that follow me will enjoy reading the information I have put together for them!
I will try and share some of it with you over the coming months of Sepia Saturday!

To see more photos of times gone by just pop over to the Sepia Saturday blog.

14 comments:

  1. I love those colours in the scrapbook page...so very beautiful. What a photograph. So precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done. Pics of my husband as a child would appear to be a girl as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Two of the Sepia Jackie's gone for three men including their grandfather.
    I love your scrapbooking work too, it really adds something to the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As creative as ever. Those caps they are wearing in that first photograph are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some old scrapbooks that belonged to my great-great grandmother; hers are pretty dull! Yours are quite lovely -- very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like they are showing off their caps in the first photo. It looks like the caps are all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I have several photos of young boys in dresses - apparently quite acceptable in those days. Just wait long enough and the fashion will be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your grandfather does look like a cute little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your grandfather looks right at home on that nicely created page Jackie - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am enjoying following how you portray your family history though scrapbooking and the page on your grandfather is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great photos, and it is funny how they dressed the little ones back then, just imagine doing that today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seems like your grandpa was a victim of his time, much like William, on my post...
    :D~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those stamps and dies are gorgeous, we have slight stash envy here.

    The bears @#76

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seeing how you use your photos in scrapbook layouts inspires me to GET STARTED, but I keep thinking I will find new information and it'll be too late to change the page. It's paralyzing!

    ReplyDelete