You can see a tub of Gesso, stamps, inks,pencils, blending fluid, big shot and lots of other bits and bobs!

I have been playing with Dylusions ink sprays to make some background papers,the back ground I made is the yellow/orange/purple paper to the right ( if you want to see some step by step pictures read the blog post below this one)
I then made the card in the middle of my desk using the background paper, and some of the stamps on my desk,here it is close up

I bought the stamps at the weekend when I went to a two day workshop at Art from the Heart with Kate Crane, it was a great workshop!

This is one of Kate's pictures from her blog of us all working away, that's me right down the end!

It was a great couple of days working on journal backgrounds. I went with my friend Kim and we also found time for a trip to Betty's, here's our tea!

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog and leaving a comment, if you would like to visit other crafty desks just click on the link marked stamping ground on the right hand side of my blog and the lovely Julia will explain.
Great to see you at the workshop - loved your creations!
ReplyDeleteooh, what a great weekend you had too. Love the work, and the tea too! Helen 14
ReplyDeleteBetty's!! I remember it well, both in Harrogate and York! I lived oop north for many years you see :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fab time you must have had over the crafty weekend. There really is so much to be gained from crafting with like minded friends!
And I love the Mark Twain quote :-)
Hugs, LLJ 45 xx
Gosh how big is that table you are all sitting at? so many people in one workshop. I think the afternoon tea looks a treat in itself, totally yummy.
ReplyDeleteHappy WOYWW
Eliza & Yoda 20
What a great weekend you had, very jealous! The workshops look fab and so does the tea!! Hugs. Pam#41
ReplyDeleteHope you didn't have to queue for hours at Betty's. Good experience isn't it?
ReplyDeleteLovely background - looks like great fun.
Hugs, Neet 23 xx
Lovely zingy colours you have there. Afternoon tea, my favourite!
ReplyDeleteKaren #60
Great looking bunch in the class! Love the card. Those are stampotique figures aren't they? Love their stuff. Haven't got any yet but I see them in my future. ;) Thanks for the earlier visit! Happy WOYWW! Nan G #8
ReplyDeleteHi Jackie
ReplyDeleteFantastic page the background has such great vibrant colours, looks like you had a blast making it and the quote is one I should adopt
Have a great Wednesday
Janet @57
Aw jealous, one day I will get to the AFTH for a workshop. Great makes going on by the looks of your desk! Take care Zo xx 65
ReplyDeleteThat card is such fun, who could fail to be cheered by receiving that. As for those cakes, mmmmm.
ReplyDeleteThe bears @#73
Very busy desk!!! The workshop looks like it was fun!! Glad I stumbled across your blog ... now following you! Happy WOYWW Sarah x #78
ReplyDeleteOooh am so jealous! I did a one day workshop with Kate at AFTH a couple of years ago and it was fabulous. She was such a sweetie and I learned so much! I'd love to do a full weekend one. :)
ReplyDeleteYour card looks fabulous - I have that 3 In a Round stamp too and recently used on it a card.
Thanks for your lovely comment on my WOYWW post. Am enjoying playing with paints - and so is DD1! :) It's lovely now she's old enough for us to enjoy crafty time together.
Ali #72
I've never gone to a work shop.Your background paper is very interesting. Carole #79
ReplyDeleteBrilliant card Jackie - I love the quote - let's go to another workshop sooon xx
ReplyDeleteKim xx
Fab page Jackie. It's been ages since i got all messy with my Dylusions spray ink . Glad you had a good time . Jill #44
ReplyDeleteHi Jackie - I am WELL JEL! A workshop with the great KC at Art from the Heart AAAAANNNNDDD Betty's for tea! So much loveliness in one day you lucky, lucky girl! Dylusions and cake - these are a few of my favourite things... Stay happy and thanks for your visit. MMx #46
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! I love the photo of you at the workshop...I would love the do something like that. The background is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW. Caro x (#63)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous workshop! I would love to go on one of these! Julie Ann xx #56
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a wonderful time at the workshop, it looks lots of fun (and the cakes don't look half bad either!!) Kate #51
ReplyDeleteHi Jackie thanks for stopping by earlier - great to see you enjoyed your workshop ! My friend Lynda (~31)& are are going to a Junk Journal class with her in a couple of weeks time & we are really looking forward to it ! Have a great week Ali x #34
ReplyDeleteBusy week!
ReplyDeleteI have been trying backgrounds from wax crayons, using my heat tool instead of an iron. I like your idea........
Envious of your cream tea - better than mine!!
Bishopsmate #97
Love the background - the workshop sounds like heaven. Thanks for the visit BJ#39
ReplyDeleteWow, you are getting down and dirty with the Dylusions, Jackie! Fab! And how fun that you were part of such a great workshop ` and cake! Happy WOYWW! Thanks for coming by to see me! Have a wonderful couple of weeks! (Thanks for your good wishes re the move!) Darnell #10
ReplyDeleteLove the grungy background Jackie, the art retreat looks like a lot of fun too. Great quote on that card btw. Tea at Betty's! How lovely!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Brenda 6
Tea looks lovely. I have that Stampotique stamp too, the one I cll Heads in the Wash :) but I do love how you have used them with such bright colours. I always seem to use them fairly pale, in greys most often, but I love them like this.
ReplyDeleteFab
I am determined to get some visits in before tomorrow!
Happy (late AGAIN!) WOYWW!
Mary Anne (35)