
I have been busy crafting away and not tidying up in between!!!!
Thus there is a lot of crafting 'stuff' on my table this week!
You can see I'm colouring in an image I stamped with a Stampotique Stamp, and to the right is my ink pad, brayers, stamps paintbrushes, Gelatos to name but a few bits.
I have been having a play with my Gelatos...( thought you might like a little look)

Had a bit of a scribble on some watercolour paper then added lots of water and moved the colour about with a brush.

Then I put it to one side to dry and this is how it comes out a couple of hours later!

I then use it as background paper to stamp on and then other products such as Gesso or Sparkle medium.

It looks much better after it's dried using this method I thought!
I then stamped on it with this amazing stamp from Stampotique, Oh Tree #6152 i used white staz on with Splatter stamp #8832 and painted snow on the tree wwith staz on in white
If you would like to see some other crafty desks then pop over to our host Julia by clicking on the link on the right of my blog marked Stamping Ground.
Thank you for taking the time to visit me and leaving a comment, I will try and reply to everyone who leaves a comment.
Jackie, what a cool idea! For some reason I never think of creating a background first, then stamping over it. Happy very belated WOYWW (from last week) and thanks for visiting.
ReplyDeleteLove the background for that tree! Happy WOYWW Helen 24
ReplyDeleteAh Jackie! I'm liking the use of the push back technique for your desk. And better still, your gelato technique, very clever.
ReplyDeleteFabulous make. We have some Gelatos and may be getting them out to play with this afternoon. You've inspired us.
ReplyDeleteOh WOW - what a transformation from beginning to end. That looks fabulous!
ReplyDeleteHugs, neet §4 xx
Well, how clever is that? From coloured scribbles to a really fab piece of art...brilliant!
ReplyDeleteHugs, LLJ 43 xx
Who would have thought that lovely background started with a scribble!
ReplyDeleteFiona@57
I so love the background and that tree stamp looks to effective. Amazing to see it go from scribble to masterpiece.
ReplyDeleteHugs Eliza & Yoda 66
Happy WOYWW
Thanks for your visit earlier - had to leave my paper to dry, it's just Gesso and ink at moment.
ReplyDeleteLove the idea of Gelatos - as I am in background making mode I may 'copy' that idea (being the sincerest form of flattery of course!!)
hope you will share with us the finished item.
Bishopsmate #73
LOVE IT - who would have thought a few scribbles could make such a beautiful image! Thanks for your visit MMx #49
ReplyDeleteYour Gelato background is perfect. The touches of "snow" are a nice addition. Sort of reminds me of the Charlie Brown tree! Thanks for the visit today! Winnie#58
ReplyDeleteWell, Jackie, you must have heard me ask, when I saw your art on the Stampotique site this morning, "How did she do that background?" Thanks for answering! I was happy to see your step-by-step post here, sharing how you created the absolutely perfect background for this chilly wintry scene! I already know this will be my favorite this week!! Mwah! KayW
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic method...I haven't come across this before, but it is so effective. Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW. Caro x (#52)
ReplyDeletewow even your scribble turns out terrific. You must be very forward thinking. Thanks for sharing. Be well Carole #66
ReplyDeleteI really like that background you made. The tree looks really cool there. Snow on the beach, how fun. #12
ReplyDeleteSuper background and thanks for visiting me BJ#37
ReplyDeleteThat's one cool tree! Love your background technique! I have a few gelatos that haven't seen the light of day yet. Someday they will. :) Thanks for the earlier visit! WOYWW hugs! Nan G #69
ReplyDeleteJackie, Thanks for visiting me, sorry I am laet returning.
ReplyDeleteYour background looks so great, I'm sure if I tried that it would just look a mess but your is beautiful.
Blessings Chris #32
That's a really beautiful simple scene that I love Jackie. The colours are wonderful!! Have a lovely day, Coco x
ReplyDeleteLoving the background! Looks like you are so busy!! Take care Zo xx 82
ReplyDeleteI haven't been thrilled with the gelato's- I'll give your technique a try.
ReplyDeletethanks for visiting!
Robyn 18
I can see that you are being buried alive like I am!! But, Jackie, I can't thank you enough for this post. I have those darn gelatos and have tried painting with them, with meh results. I loved actually seeing your photos and "getting" what I am supposed to be doing! I can't wait to try it after the holidays are over. Thank you!!
ReplyDeleteHappy WOYWW and thanks for coming to see me! Have a great week! Hugs, Darnell #22
hi
ReplyDeleteI have no idea what gelatos are but the background looks fab so I might have to find out
janet #39
Such a gorgeous, delicate background - perfect for that fabulous tree!
ReplyDeleteAlison x
Sorry it's nearly Wednesday again before I reply!
ReplyDeleteLovely that you showed galatos, I keep thinking I need them. In reality I have every water soluble paint medium known to man!!
Karen #54