Tuesday, 4 March 2014

SDC 137 Using a textured background


The wonderful Kay Wallace, (there is a link to her blog on the right hand side ) set us a challenge this week of using a textured back ground
This is my project, using a textured Background



Here are some step by step pictures showing all the different layers and textures I used....
The picture below is a 12x12 sheet of cardboard I have painted and then added some plasters tape to.


Next I mixed some paint with a very textured paste


Then I added the paste to my cardboard, onto the mesh and into the ridges. I then changed over to a more liquid glossy paste and applied that through a stencil, you can see how they are very different, in the picture below.



Next I stamped carols flower small and large and coloured them with pencils and blended them with fluid and stumps



Then cut them out.



I then moulded the flowers


And added beads to the centre for a different texture!


I then added some burlap fabric to the corner at the bottom


Then more to the right hand side


Stamped this image by Jo Capper-Sandon called Seaweed, and coloured it, then cut it out.


Stamped my title with alphabet upper and lower,using paint and cut them out leaving a white line round them.


added my photos


Then added all the lovely Stampotique images, I have cut out to the layout


Added seed beads to the large flowers



And then Matt and layered my photos and stuck them all down!



This was the end result a very textured scrapbook layout!


Thank you to Kay for setting this challenge ... Now it's your turn to have a go and show us what you can do with texture!
If you click on the link on the right hand side of my blog marked stampotique designers challenge blog, it will take you to the blog where you can join in the fun and have the chance of winning vouchers to buy stamps! You could be chosen as a top3 as well, so head on over and join the fun!

10 comments:

  1. Wow Jackie this is amazing, thanks so much for the tutorial it was wonderful seeing how it all came together. I've never ever done a scrapbook page, and wouldn't know where to start, but now maybe I would! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much gorgeous texture on your LO! Lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you created your own scrapbook "base" by using torn cardboard. It is an amazing surface on which to create your layers of texture. You took my challenge to the finish line and scored big here. Love the pictures you have used. It must have been one fun photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice Jackie, love the use of corrugated cardboard, your page is very springy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyous photos and so much fabulous texture in the background!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you have used all the stamps, they compliment your fab photos really well. Great use of cardboard and loving the textures:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos of you. Your l/o is great - I love textures and it's good seeing your step by step pictures too.
    Thanks for visiting my desk and yes, hubbies do have their uses - lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, forgot to say I love your blog header :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Wow! Thats looks fantastic. I have had several goes using texture paste on projects. It gives such brilliant results. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love how you made the backgroundtexture and the colours are fab.

    ReplyDelete