Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Stampotique Designers Challenge .... 139

This week over at the Stampotique Designers Challenge blog my team mate R. Maria Sabina has challenged us all to make a Masculine project. In next months Craft Stamper magazine the free stamp is designed by her, and there is a link to her blog on the right of this post, she is amazing, I just love her stamp designs, and use her cute rabbit stamps lots!
So she said we had to put the bling and cuteness away in the draw and do a card for a man to make them feel special at least once in a while, with something for them.
So with that in mind I thought that Father's Day is fast approaching if my dad was still here what would I do for him.
Well we lived by the sea, and he loved the sea and fishing and fisherman stories! In fact for generations the men folk of my family have been fisherman at sea!
So in honour of my father, Great Grandad, Great Great Grandad and GGG Grandad I made this card.




The three mermaids represent me and my two sisters, see the likeness !!!!
Here is a few step by step photos
I started with a basic stepper card



Then using my Gelli Plate and a Neelz Expressionz mask with the fish cut off I made the background paper


Covered the card with my background paper leaving bits stuck out


Till it was all covered



Then stamped these three amazing mer people
You can buy them on the Stampotique Webb site there is a link on the right of this post.


Coloured them in with Prisma pencils and glued them into place


I then added a quote and and a Happy Fathers Day message,my card is done




13 comments:

  1. The card base is very nice! You did a great job with this challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card for your dad!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card so much technique involved, stunning!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a wonderful job with this challenge, Jackie! I can't believe all of the time it must have taken for all this "fussy cutting" of your images. Your father will be very impressed, I just know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely sensational!

    Your merfolk are beautifully colored and fussy-cut and that background is just perfect for them.

    I still haven't figured out the paper engineering for a stair-step card, so I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and I love the thought of it being you and your sisters. Lovely idea !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Fathers Day card Jackie, your Dad would have loved it xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A truly fabulous card Jackie - all those male forbears would be delighted with it. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Jackie, that is one amazing card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic card - you've captured such movement, and the colours of the mer-people look great against the atmospheric greys of the background.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous creation! Thank you for joining in with The Artistic Stamper Challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, thanks for sharing this with me, I love it. The grey tones really set it off so well. And I'm glad I am not the only one who cut the fish off lol.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete