This week the talented Sue, has set us the challenge to produce a 4x6 postcard, this is what she said.......
Good morning everyone, it's Sue here and I'm delighted to be hosting this weeks challenge. I'm sure that every crafter has had that block where their mojo has packed it's bags and gone on holiday. I know I've sat and looked at a sheet of card and had no ideas at all. One way I've got to get over this is just to decide what size or shape I want to make. So I pick a card or a tag, or in this case a postcard. Postcards are great fun and it's amazing how much you can get on a 6x4 (inches) area. So this week I would like you to make a postcard. Have Fun!
So make a project and come and join us at the SDC blog, there is a link on the right of this post!
So this is what I made for the challenge .....
And here is the back
These are the two stamps I used this week
Here are a few step by step photos to show how I made this postcard
Take some copper ( mine is Ten Second Studio's) and heat over the gas cooker, be careful it changes colour quick and gets hot! So take care
Once cool stamp on it I used this new stamp from Magda called .....and stamped using Stazon, next you need a selection of ball tools and I have a little metalwork wheel.
You work both sides of the copper ... You just need to decide with side is a "in" and which is a "out" it's that simple, so eyes I wanted to stand out from the picture so I worked on the reverse side.
You can see what I mean when I turn the copper over!
Then just follow your lines for the outline
Then I used my little wheel to make a boarder round the image ( do be careful not to leave any sharpe edges)
Then I just filled the remaining coper in with dots and patterns
Then added tape to the back and stuck it onto card stock Matt and layered it
Then stamped the sentiment, Matt and layered it and added it to the card














Great Tutorial Jackie Love to see how you made this beautiful artwork!
ReplyDeleteJackie this is fabulous and you make it look so easy (I'm sure it's not lol)Thanks so much for making this and for the fab tutorial xx
ReplyDeleteimpressive!
ReplyDeletexx
france
Oh my, Jackie this is fab! Thanks for sharing! xxx
ReplyDeleteJackie- A way cool technique and card! Thanks so much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteGreat effect !
ReplyDeleteCorrie x
Fab technique to get this effect xx
ReplyDeleteTotally awesome Jackie, you clever lady you :) xxx
ReplyDelete