Sam ( a link to her blog is on the right hand side of this post) set the challenge for us this week and this is what she said.........
I'm so excited to be sharing with you my love for polka dots. Almost every thing I own is dotty!
Polka dots are great fun as a main feature or as a delicate accent to artwork. My other love is my favourite colour combination, pink and turquoise. So for this weeks challenge I'm inviting you to have fun with my favourite things: Pink, Turquoise and Polka Dots! I can't wait to see your creations, so get your rubber out and have lots of fun creating :)
So with this in mind I set to work on a new journal I have been thinking about !
Here is the first layout in this journal
I incorporated all SAMs requirements into this journal page, and for the first time ever followed a sketch while putting this together that I found at http://scrap365.blogspot.co.uk
Here are a few photos of the process I used this week
I mixed my own colours using Dylusions ink sprays and sprayed my pages
Then found some polka dot stencils
And then used the Gesso
Then got stamping with lots of Stampotique rubber stamps, I used ALOT of stamps for this project!
Then did some stamping on the background
Then used the stencil and some distress ink to add more dots!
Then I inked some paper and added that
Then I layer it out to the sketch and glued it all down.
Now here is my questions............ How many stampotique rubber stamps did I use to make this journal page?????? Leave your answer with your comment please
Thank you for visiting and now it's over to you ..... Come and join us in this weeks challenge just click the button on the right for the Stampotique's designers challenge and join in the fun.
Definately 2 Cute !!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's a gorgeous page for a gorgeous photo xx
ReplyDeleteThis is so awwwwwwww Jackie
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie <3
xx Arwen
Oh so too cute! And your layout is so sweet! Glad you joined us at Scrap365, thank you! <3
ReplyDeleteI am thinking 8, but not sure if you are counting the word stamp as one! Very clever use of them all in combination, however, I must say. Love how you have used the stencils, too. But, the best part? Hands down, that delightful photo!!!
ReplyDeleteSo many wonderful elements on your page here. I just love it and the baby is so darn cute!!
ReplyDeleteI came back to comment on this delightful journal page via your WOYWW post, but now I see this post dedicated to it. Well done on Sam's challenge, Jackie! It really is 2 cute of Lara and a smashing background!! (I think you used 11 stamps!) Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteDarnell I am impressed you are correct !
ReplyDeleteI used 11 stampotique rubber stamps to make this journal page
Great page Jackie !
ReplyDeleteCorrie x
Beautiful pages for a beautiful baby, simply delightful. Big hugs xx
ReplyDeleteI love all the stamping! Especially the bunny he is too cute. The dots on the background all look great too! Thank you for joining in the Scrap 365 Sketch Challenge! x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and such a cutie in your pic, I love polkas too, the colour combination is totally fab, well done :D x
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute baby!! Thank you for playing along with us at scrap 365!!
ReplyDeletewhat a cute sweet pie on the picture <3
ReplyDeletethank you so much for playing along with us at Scrap 365 <3