Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Stampotique Designers Challenge.........148 Steampunk !

It's Wednesday and we have a new challenge.
This week Kathi set us the challenge, there is a link to her blog on the right hand side of my post.
This is what Kathi had to say ......"Steampunk is an inspired movement of creativity and imagination. With a backdrop of either Victorian England or America’s Wild West at hand, modern technologies are re-imagined and realized as elaborate works of art, fashion, and mechanics. If Jules Verne or H.G. Wells were writing their science fiction today, it would be considered “steampunk.”"
So with this in mind I choose these three stamps and set to work......
This is what I made, a canvas, my very first attempt at a canvas......
Here are a few step by step photos to give you an idea how I made this 
First I die cut some cogs from cardboard and added some metal ones and laid them on the canvas.
Next I covered it with layers of tissue using mod lodge to stick it down,about five in all
Then I sprayed it with Dylusions ink 
When dry added Inka gold
Next I stamped these two images from stampotique and coloured them in
Then stamped this steampunk stampotique stamp five times and made a Long boarder and coloured and blended that
Next I cut it out and put tape round the outside of the canvas to tidy and neaten it up
Then I put the long boarders round the outside glued the images and quote in place and here is my first canvas!
Now it's over to you..... Show us your steampunk and join us at the stampotique designers challenge the link is on the right hand side of this post.
Thank you for leaving a comment I will pop over to your blog in return :) 












8 comments:

  1. This is brilliant Jackie, you would never guess that this is your first canvas! I loved seeing how it all came together xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful combination of elements, Jackie, creating this original steampunk artwork! Your energy and patience has left me in the dust! This is strikingly beautiful, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your canvas, looks like you put a lot of work into it and it shows ! Great project !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant Jackie. I love all the Steampunkry you've got going on!! Those googly eyes finish him off nicely.
    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fab Jackie, you got so much texture and detail onto it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love your background so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi jackie
    love steampunk,haveent done any forages.looks fab especcially like ths grinning cat.. i have had troublewith inka gold.... love the look but mine either goes mouldy or dry ...any tips
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your visit Jackie...there are no time limits...visit any time. Thanks for sharing the process of your first canvas...that's so brilliant. I'm not much attracted to steam punk but I love what you've done.

    ReplyDelete