Glorious mess!!!!! In my defence I have been at my daughters mon-fri so only home at the weekends to craft and do household jobs! This week I am more 50/50 home and at her house now she is organised and all is progressing with the baby. So please forgive me that I have not been as good at returning comments and posting etc.
Here is my desk a little closer ......
There is a couple of masks on my desk, lots of stampotique rubber stamps ( some have been there weeks!) selection of tapes, ball tools I use to shape flowers, distress inks, some spotty paper I have been using, to do a sketch challenge!!!! First one I have ever done! Not quite finished will show you next week when it's finished. At the back on my stand is the first canvas I have ever made, here it is close up....
It started out looking like this
It was a real challenge to me to do and I used Inka gold on it that I have never worked with before .....
I also organised a workshop with a friend a couple of weeks ago for a dozen or so crafty friends and we learnt some fun painting skills and I made this, it was a bit out of my comfort zone, but fun to do!
Well that's almost it from me this week.... I have a challenge ahead of me for the weekend .... I have been printing baby Lara photos and will start her album doing it in a 'project life type' of way ...
Well thank you for your visit and I will return it, as soon as possible!
If you would like to visit other crafty desk please click on the link marked stamping ground and Julia will explain all.








Wow have you been busy like the tissue paper over the canvas such a great idea :)
ReplyDeleteHappy WOYWW hugs Nikki
my Desk
I love your workday posts. They are so fun, your work desk looks like a wonderful mess. Thanks for sharing, have fun putting together that baby album
ReplyDeleteNow that baby Lara has arrived, I suspect we will see lots of baby oriented art coming from you. Maybe even a scrapbook page or two (grin). The masks and the stamp remind me of the bunting Jan made for Lara. Yep, I'm already seeing baby oriented things on your desk, whether they are in my imagination or not (grin). Happy WOYWW from #2.
ReplyDeleteConsidering you've not been there, you've done a lot at that lovely big desk - gorgeous results! Helen 8
ReplyDeleteI love making canvasses like that! They are my BEST! Great job. You have lots going on to look at. #25
ReplyDeleteLike me you've got a lot of photo's already of your granddaughter .
ReplyDeleteI'm in the process of starting a baby album of my grandson using a simple stories album. Happy woyww Jill #5
Ah, you're going to have so much fun crafting with Lara in mind...happy times :-)
ReplyDeleteYour desk is magnificent in its messiness, but it looks as if you're enjoying it, and that's the main thing! I will happily do you a desk tidy, Jackie, but the bean bag filling means the postage won't be cheap. I could always send you one and you fill the bags up with dried split peas and then hand sew it shut. Let me know!
Hugs, LLJ 21 xx
Good morning. Can't believe it's Wednesday again already! Thanks for letting us in to peek at your creative space. I love it, it looks like mine so I don't feel so alone. Your canvas is brilliant.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a good week too.
Neil #40
Such a precious time to spend with your daughter but even better when you have your grand daughter as well. Enjoy every moment. As for the stamps you don't need them so post them to me... LOL Love your new canvas it looks fab, I have that inka stuff too and had a few misses with it, now I lack the confidence.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week.
Happy WOYWW
Eliza & Sleepy head Yoda 26
Love all the activity on the desk! I just bought some of the Inka paste in green. I hade not thought of using it like you did. thank you for the inspiration! diane #55
ReplyDeleteWow! that is a humdinger of a desk, looks really creative and what a HUGE stack of photos you have printed off ready - I've decided to go for a PL style approach to catch up with a lot of old photos, I hope we get to see how you album comes together :o) Annie C #57
ReplyDeleteHi Jackie - it's so good that you've been able to spend time with the family and new baby. Looking forward to seeing your baby album as it progresses. Have a great week, Chris # 17 xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a divine mess...I could sit right down and start stamping. Babies are soft and sweet but exhausting too.The album will be fun. Thanks for sharing Be well Carole #52
ReplyDeleteHi Jackie, been awhile since I've visited. So glad to hear things are going well for your daughter and her baby! Love can I say...LOVE the canvas! You rocked it girl! I liked to dig thru that box of stamps in your blog header. :) Hugs and Happy WOYWW! Nan G #10
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful mess...I keep forgetting how big your desk is you lucky thing! So glad your daughter and her baby are doing well. That canvass is simply stunning! Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW. Caro x (#44)
ReplyDeleteFab desk, lovely canvas, and OMG that HUGE stack of photos!! HOW old is baby???? :) Have fun with her and glad all are well.
ReplyDeleteHappy near 5 year WOYWW!
Mary Anne (1)
Love your canvas, and that quote is so very true!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog earlier and for the nice comments.
Happy Woyww,
Sandy #58
Oh my life,I how many photos? talk about setting yourself some work!! Love the edge that you've put round the canvas and the colour you've achieved. So you liked the Inka?
ReplyDeleteI love the card and the way you have made it. Thanks for sharing the instruction with us.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 41
Holy cow, Jackie, look at you making such an extraordinary canvas and your first time ever making one! You make it look like you have been doing them for years!!
ReplyDeleteHaving brand new Lara in your life is the best excuse ever for having a mess in your craft room. Talk about a great priority shift changer!! Thanks for coming by to visit me! Happy WOYWW and have a wonderful week!! Hugs, Darnell #29
Oh My Goodness, there are a lot of photos of Lara there for you to work with. That will be a real labour of love though. Is it for you or dd?
ReplyDeleteBet you have been having a ball helping out with the new grand-daughter. You will probably miss them both a bit now that you are spending less time there. Still, looking at your desk and those photos you have enough to keep you occupied.
Love your canvas btw - is it really your first?
Hugs, Neet 18 xx
Oh My Goodness, there are a lot of photos of Lara there for you to work with. That will be a real labour of love though. Is it for you or dd?
ReplyDeleteBet you have been having a ball helping out with the new grand-daughter. You will probably miss them both a bit now that you are spending less time there. Still, looking at your desk and those photos you have enough to keep you occupied.
Love your canvas btw - is it really your first?
Hugs, Neet 18 xx
Thanks for your visit earlier. I have appointed DH as photographer-in-chief as I will be busy!!!
ReplyDeleteLove that desk, it looks sooo happy!
Bishopsmate #75
Hello Jackie. Your canvas is spectacular, and your desk looks so much fun - there is such a lot to look at. As for the baby photos - well, she's just lovely - and who can blame you for printing out so many!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week.
Margaret #42
That's a desk chock full of crafty goodness :D. You've been busy! Happy Belated WOYWW. #63
ReplyDelete