Tuesday, 15 July 2014

SDC 156 ......Books

There is a new challenge today at the Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog, this week, the talented  France has set the challenge for us and this is what she said, 

Hi! My name is France and I'm a bookworm. No doubt there are a lot of other bookworms among our lovely Stampotiquers.
I would like to know about your favorite books. So my challenge for you, should you accept it, is to create a piece, inspired by your favorite book. Let the story, the title, the cover, a quote inspire you! Now you might have a problem choosing your all time favorite book, don't worry, it's not like you are writing it in stone, just pick one. Or maybe your problem is that you don't like reading at all. Here is how to cheat: go for your favorite film based on a book, we won't tell ;)

France Papillon Charles is a very talented lady, there is a link to her blog on the right hand side of my blog, just click on the link and you can see her fabulous work.


I always love reading to children, I think it is so important to start children reading at a young age, so I choose from the many childrens story's we have in out house!

And here is my project from Alice in Wonderland

Here are a few step by step photos
I started by spraying tissue paper with Dylusions ink spray
Then, covered the tag with the tissue and stamped using Frances alphabet the words I needed

Then, used black acrylic paint round the outside of my tags and added colour to the letters
Then, I stamped and coloured a cup of certainty and added a few beads
Next I glued everything in place  put both the tags together and added ribbon 
And here are my tags
Thanks to France for a fun challenge, now why don't you join in the fun?
Just click on the link on the right hand side marked Stampotique Designers Challenge and join in! 








9 comments:

  1. WoWzer colour combos - and love that they match the 'real' cupcake too - yum yum xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could eat those tags: they look like yummy flat shaped cupcakes to me!! Awesome!!
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done, your tag backgrounds are wonderful and I love the book you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous tags Jackie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tags Jackie,now pass the cupcake! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your fabulous tags Jackie, pink and yellow are SO cool :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome works of art here, Jackie!! I came to also say congratulations on the huge honor of making the DT at Craft Stamper Magazine!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous!! Love your tags :D Congrats on being chosen for the Craft Stamper team, lots of fun :D xx

    ReplyDelete