Ribbons have been around since the Middle Ages. Merchants travelled the world, buying and selling ribbon, many of which had gold and silver in the silk. ribbons were a sign of nobility and worn only by the rich. By the seventeenth century ribbon was part of the fashion industry and was part of clothing.
Today ribbon has numerous uses, and it is a favourite crafting accessory, I have lots of it!
You can make fabulous bows with it to adorn your cards, scrapbook page, tags, journals etc.
So I would like to see you adding a bow to your project, if you don't have ribbons, bows can be made out of many mediums such as paper, clay, string to name but a few!
I looking forward to seeing your creations with a bow!
So I am looking forward to seeing what you create!
I made this journal page in my Lara Journal, i do one page a month, the first page was the month she was born then the next at one month and this is two months, I used the sketch from the scrap 365 blog http://scrap365.blogspot.co.uk
I have used TEN Stampotique rubber stamps in the making of this journal page!
Here they are....
Here are a couple of photos of the making of the journal page.... Starting with lots of ink spray and gesso
Then acrylic paint around the boarder, Matt and layer photo
Stamp, colour cut out and add a bow!
Stamp on layout with all stamps
Add hidden journalling
And there you are another journal page done !
Well it's over to you to show me your project with a BOW, there are three bows on this journal page, how many bows will I find on yours.
Just click on the link on the right marked SDC, and add your project to this weeks challenge! You could be the lucky winner of a voucher to purchase stampotique rubber stamps this month!
Thank you for visiting me and I will return all comments!

















Great pages Jackie and what a lovely keepsake this will be. Mmmmmm need to go and have a think about this weeks challenge.
ReplyDeleteLove
Amanda x
Beautiful journal page, love how subtle your bows are. I don't use a lot of ribbon so need to do some head scratching, this will be a tough one for me lol.
ReplyDeleteThanks for this weeks challenge:-) xxx
This is a beautiful page, stunning!
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful page, stunning!
ReplyDeleteA delightful combination of stamps, a cheery background and the sweetest baby ever make this journal page very, very special. That bow just ties it all together!
ReplyDeleteLooks great, I love the splattered mug circles around the edge of the page! Thank you for joining in the Scrap 365 Sketch Challenge! x
ReplyDeleteNice take on our sketch! So glad you played along, thank you! :)
ReplyDeletethis is gorgeous Jackie and something that will be treasured for a very long time.
ReplyDeleteFabulous theme this week! xxx
This is beautiful Jackie, gorgeous gently colours, and Lara looks so sweet xx
ReplyDeleteLovely pages Jackie, the pink and yellow are gorgeous as is Lara :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for a great challenge theme, have a lovely weekend. Big hugs from Poppy and me xxx