There is a new challenge every month and a prize to be won, this months prize is two D rings and washi tape ( there is a picture further down in this post to show you)
Our first project is .....Stamping on tissue
Something I have never done before so I had to get my thinking cap on! This is my project, a plaque ! Another first for me as I have never done 'home decor'
Here are a few step by step photo's to show you how I made it using the stamping on tissue method.
I put plain white tissue in a foil tin
And sprayed with black and gold spray inks
Then left it to dry, you can use a heat gun to dry it. Then painted over a plaque I had purchased with gesso
Next I covered the plaque with the tissue, just glued it down with a Matt medium
Then I left it to dry and collected up a selection of bits a And bobs, such as large brads, prima flowers,burlap etc ( colour doesn't matter) and painted them all over with gesso and left to dry
Next I stamped on my white tissue paper using Stampotique 'hearts' stamp using gold Stazon
Then I placed the stamped on tissue, over the plaque, glued it down and covered the top also with the Matt medium
This Is how it looks after you have put the Matt medium on top!
I left this to dry and started to add Inka gold to the bits I had covered in gesso
I just added bits here and there till I was happy with the look, I also made a flower and added Inka gold to that to match, and I painted one brad black and then added the Inka gold to it for some contrast.
Then laid it all out and moved it around until I was happy, then glued it down with more Matt medium
Once glued down I left it to dry again! Once dry I hang it on my wall!
I hope you have found the step by step photos helpful
Now it's over to you to join in the fun at
And remember there is a great prize of 2 D rings and washi tape, here is the picture of it I promised
From our sponsor this month
Thank you for taking the time to look at my project, please leave a comment !

















Jackie, great interpretation of tissue stamping, I like the way you were brave enough to do it twice! I would be concerned it would mess up the first layer but you have shown it doesn't ! Love the end result , what a great thing for Lara to keep throughout her life
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful Jackie, loved your step by step and Lara is adoreable!! :-) xxxx
ReplyDeleteYes, your first DT project is fabulous! Love your photos and description! Was glad to learn that Inka Gold works on store foliage too.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful plaque!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHoly WOW Jackie!! This is amazing! I love all your work anyway, but this is just gorgeous! I've never heard of the stamping on tissue technique you have shown, but now that I have, I really want to try it!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your new design team!
Amy E.
Scrapthissavethat.com
Beautiful project Jackie, with great step by step.
ReplyDeleteJulie x
This is gorgeous Jackie, and Lara just keeps getting cuter xx
ReplyDeletehi jackie love the canvass but the star of the piece is lara.... what a cutie....my little man had some photos taken today so maybe i will post something similar soon. i am still about 3 craft stampers behind but i will look it up laterr.
ReplyDeletejanet .... see you again tomorrow