Tuesday, 16 September 2014

What's on my work desk Wednesday

This is how my desk looks now....
Not much on it really!!! However a few hours ago it looked like this....
And here is a close up...
I had to have a bit of a tidy up as I didn't have enough space !
Now you can see I have sprayed the 12 x12 MDF board that was work in progress last week, well I didn't like the spray job I gave it, far too harsh pink, I also added some Inka gold but still too strong!
I got out the gesso and covered most of it up and it ended up looking like this a more gentle pink!
Which I think I prefer! It has been a learning lesson, it was my first attemp, I hope to try something similar again, and put my learning into operation! However I just made it for the fun of it, so that's ok! 
I did a page in my little journal all very bright...
And I did a page in my Lara journal
Was really pleased with the texture I got on the two pages, here it is close up
There is also a couple of my big albums on the table which are my project life type Lara's first year albums. There are a couple of lap trays in a bag which I intend to personalise as gifts for Christmas. The pencil case with all my stamp carving stuff is sitting there just waiting to be used...... Never Enough time to do everything I want to do is always the issue, I'm sure many of us wish there were more hours in the day so we could achieve everything we need to do! 

Now if you need to visit more crafty desks just click on the link on the right hand side of my blog further down marked Stamping Ground and Julia will explain all. 
Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment I will try and return all visits 









21 comments:

  1. Like the pink once it's been dulled down and that page looks wonderful love the colours of the BG you used Happy WOYWW Hugs Nikki no # yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is amazing. I love that collage. #17

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, the paler pink version is much better!! Love the Lara journal page, that is stunning!! Helen 11

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the texture of the Lara journal. would like to know more about how you did it. I have seen the the spry inked pages but have not tried one myself.I guess i am a little nervous about spraying over everything then not liking it. I do like yours after you gessoed it. Diane #26

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jackie, happy WOYWW and thanks for visiting my desk. I love those beautiful bright red cardinals...but sadly I have never seen them in Australia - did enjoy making my cards though. Cheers and I think you've done a fab job on 12x12 - the lightened pink does look better. Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Lara projects are adorable! I love all those textures!! But- hmmm I also like the bright page of your little journal.
    Thanks for your visit and your nice comment!
    Cheers
    Gabriele 16

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful crafting. I love the softer pink achieved with the addition of the gesso (although I admit that I like the bright pink version too). Thanks for sharing today. Hope you have a great day and a lovely crafting week to come. Hazel, WOYWW #47 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout! I love the softer pink you achieved. What an adorable photo! Glenda #44

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must say, I much prefer the softer look for baby. The bright would have been awesome for a teenager, just goes to show, same thing, two uses, gotta love that!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #38

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous baby and a great layout. Gesso to the rescue...good thinking.
    Be well Carole #59

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you used gesso to tone your color down. I liked both looks, as Lara really pops in both. What a beauty! Your metallic looking one is so pretty, I love the texture you achieved! Winnie# 36

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your page is beautiful! What a cutie pie! Your floor looks just like mine with little bits of this and that and strips of fallen paper. HAHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the after and before shots of the room! Amazing how quickly things get busy in a work zone!

    The gentle pink looks perfect! Fabulous project, Jackie!

    Hugs, Kathy Jo #41

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jackie,

    give me 5 minutes and my table would look like that too. Love the subtle pink page such an interesting thing to do and it has worked out great. Thanks for visiting.

    Hugs Eliza, Yoda & Flat Susan
    Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  15. The finished pink looks fab, and I love the other effects, too. Happy WOYWW and crafty playing. Chris # 29

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad to see that someone else's desk is at least as messy as mine! The muted pink suits the baby project well, the bright pink would be great for a teenager! #64

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I thought it was going to be all white....colour me surprised..it's lovely, should've guessed really! I like the texture on your pages too, can totes see why you're pleased with it. Amazing how quickly a tidy up changes a place huh...hurry and make it familiar again!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your toned down page and your Lara journal is fab. #73

    ReplyDelete
  20. The paler pink definitely works better than the brighter pink!! Great work.

    Ailsa #74

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Jackie, I LOVE the way the board came out!!!! I would have never thought of going back over everything with gesso...but then that's why I come to your blog! For inspiration and cool tips like that!!!

    Happy (late) WOYWW!
    Amy E. #8
    Scrapthissavethat.com

    ReplyDelete